The Midwest Animation Promotion Society (MAPS) would like to share some information about our annual scholarship program.
Each year MAPS awards $9000 in four scholarships to students in our community who appreciate our mission to help them follow their passions! A first prize of $3000 and a second prize of $1500 are available for full time college students majoring in each of the following studies: The Rider Scholarship for Japanese Language, Literature and Asian Studies and the M.A.P.S. scholarship for Illustration and Animation.
Scholarship Application Details
Scholarship Application Requirements
Applications for these scholarships are evaluated based upon the following criteria:
- Academic Achievement: The candidate must have demonstrated exceptional academic ability.
- Essay: A short essay in which you describe why you should be the recipient of a MAPS Scholarship and why you chose your course of study.
- Faculty Recommendation: Provide one letter of recommendation from a faculty member familiar with your work.
- Portfolio: For the Illustration & Animation Scholarship to showcase a small selection of your work.
Awards are not renewable; however, students may reapply to the program each year they meet eligibility requirements. Awards are for undergraduate study only.
Scholarship Selection Criteria
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be a current postsecondary undergraduate majoring in Japanese Language, Japanese Literature, and Asian Studies or Illustration and Animation.
- Plan to enroll in a full-time undergraduate student at an accredited two- or four-year college, university, or vocational-technical school.
- Have a minimum grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale, or its equivalent.
- Children of employees and directors of Midwest Animation Promotion Society are ineligible.
Scholarship Application Deadline
All scholarship applications must be submitted by the end of the day on May 31, 2023.
Applications are Closed