This contract (“Contract”) is entered upon by and between Midwest Animation Promotion Society, an Illinois not for profit corporation doing business as Anime Central (“MAPS”),, and Exhibitor to govern Exhibitor’s participation in the Anime Central Conference (“Anime Central”). The business venue for Anime Central will be an exhibit hall (“Exhibit Hall”) operated by, and located within, the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, Illinois (“RCC”).
- Exhibitor agrees that access to the Exhibit Hall outside of business hours is restricted to selected Anime Central staff and individuals wearing special Exhibitor badges. Exhibitor agrees that access to the Exhibit Hall outside of Anime Central’s approved Exhibitor hours is restricted to select Anime Central Staff. Exhibitor also acknowledges that no individual will be allowed to sell merchandise without a Exhibitor badge. Exhibitor agrees and acknowledges that the sale, giveaway, or transfer of exhibitor badges is not permitted, if determined to be doing so by MAPS / Anime Central, such activity shall be grounds for default of this Contract by Exhibitor, and cause for immediate ejection from Exhibit Hall.
- Exhibitor understands that the only place Exhibitor is authorized to conduct business during Anime Central is contracted booth(s) inside the Exhibit Hall. Any sale of merchandise by Exhibitor outside the Exhibit Hall without the express written consent of MAPS and Exhibit Space Management, and a displayed permit presented by MAPS, shall be grounds to consider the Exhibitor in default of this Contract, and immediate ejection from the hall.
- Exhibitor understands and agrees that to conduct business during Anime Central, proof of general liability insurance coverage must be provided, naming the Midwest Animation Promotion Society as the certificate holder and as additional insured. Exhibitor understands and agrees that the Midwest Animation Promotion Society requires a minimum policy limit of $1,000,000 USD per occurrence and $2,000,000 USD aggregate as the minimum policy limit to be in good standing.
- Exhibitor understands that space in the Exhibit Hall shall only be confirmed and registered only when full payment and this entire signed Contract are received by MAPS / Anime Central. The final cost of all Exhibit Space is determined by the postmarked date of the final and full remittance. NSF checks will be charged a $45 processing fee and another form of payment must be used such as a money order.
- The rental fee for each booth in the Exhibit Hall, rental fees, are refundable, less a 50% cancellation charge, provided that MAPS / Anime Central receives formal notarized written notice of intent to cancel via certified mail no fewer than 60 days prior to the first day of Anime Central. Rental fees shall not be refundable under any circumstances, excepting terms listed within this section and as otherwise provided in this Contract.
- Exhibitor must move into its assigned space in the Exhibit Hall at least 180 minutes before the stated opening of Anime Central to the public. In the event Exhibitor fails to occupy the space, MAPS / Anime Central shall have the right, without notice to Exhibitor, to use the unoccupied space to suit its own convenience, including renting said space to another Exhibitor without rebate or allowance due to the defaulting Exhibitor.
- MAPS / Anime Central assumes no responsibility for including the name of Exhibitor, or descriptions of its products or services, in the Anime Central Program Book, brochures, news releases, or other materials stated herein, and Exhibitor hereby irrevocably grants MAPS the right to use its name logo, and descriptions of Exhibitor’s products and services in any electronic or printed mediums used by MAPS / Anime Central to promote Anime Central.
- Exhibitor understands and agrees to display their company name in a prominent manner, easily seen by MAPS / Anime Central, for identification during the event using the booth sign provided at the event or using a sign the Exhibitor provides. Failure to display Exhibitor company name, as a result of the Exhibitor, may result in a $75.00 fine per day of the event. If payment for associated fine(s) is not rendered before the following day, Exhibitor understands that such a situation shall be grounds for default of this Contract by Exhibitor, and cause for immediate ejection from Exhibit Hall.
- Exhibitors shall not sublet or assign any portion of their rented space in the Exhibit Hall. If Exhibitor is determined to be subletting or assigning any portion of their rented space in the Exhibit Hall, as determined by MAPS / Anime Central, such activity shall be grounds for default of this Contract by Exhibitor, and cause for immediate ejection from Exhibit Hall.
- Exhibitor shall be responsible for obtaining all documentation (licenses, permits, approvals, etc.) required by International, Federal, State, and local law, MAPS, or the RCC, applicable to its activities at Anime Central. Failure to produce said documentation upon request by MAPS / Anime Central or RCC shall be grounds for default of this Contract by Exhibitor, and cause for immediate ejection from Exhibit Hall.
- Exhibitor shall be responsible for researching, collecting, reporting, and remitting Illinois sales tax for any items or merchandise sold by Exhibitor at Anime Central , in addition to obtaining the Illinois sales tax rate, and any local sales tax rates for any and all merchandise sold by Exhibitor at Anime Central , and agrees to indemnify and hold MAPS harmless in any action arising from Exhibitor’s failure, to collect, report, and remit Federal, Illinois, and local sales tax for goods sold by Exhibitor at Anime Central.
- If Exhibitor uses its own displays, Exhibitor agrees to be responsible for arranging and paying for all transfer and storage fees, all labor and equipment rental necessary to assemble and dismantle said display, and all costs related to moving said display in and out of the Exhibit Hall and the Anime Central site. All shipments by Exhibitor must be addressed as listed in the RES Exhibitor services packet.
- Exhibitor shall provide receipts for any and all sales made by Exhibitor at Anime Central. Exhibitor understands that failure to provide a receipt with all sales will render inconclusive any accusations of retail theft made by Exhibitor against a suspected shoplifter, unless Exhibitor has some other means to mark a sale if a receipt is not given.
- Exhibitor is prohibited from selling or making otherwise available certain kinds of merchandise (“Barred Merchandise”) at Anime Central. If Exhibitor is found with any examples of the Barred Merchandise listed below, Exhibitor will be asked once to remove all Barred Merchandise from its inventory and hall (this includes any additional items from the list that were not the subject of the initial complaint.). Any subsequent violations by Exhibitor following the initial warning by MAPS / Anime Central will result in immediate ejection of Exhibitor from the Exhibit Hall and shall constitute grounds for Exhibitor’s default of this Contract.
Examples of Barred Merchandise shall include, but are not limited to:
- SonMay (SM) CDs Golden Apple CDs Ever Anime A8, Ever Anime GM, and Ever Anime Best Song Collections CDs Golden Anime CDs GGG Anime Soundtrack CDs Game Music brand CDs
- ANY Pins, Wall Scrolls, Models (Resin or Vinyl kits), Decals, Stickers and Posters which are not properly marked and labeled with the appropriate copyright information.
- ANY stickers, decals, or items of like character that could be physically affixed to another object permanently or temporarily.
- ANY Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts Blades, Gun Blades, Buster Blades, Buster Swords, Key Blades, Key Swords, and Swords or Sword like items from Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts regardless of size shape or intended use.
- ANY knife with a blade at least 3 inches in length, dagger, dirk, switchblade knife, stiletto, or any other deadly or dangerous weapon of like character.
- ANY Airsoft ammo, BBs, pellets.
- ANY Cosmetic or Non-Cosmetic Contact Lenses.
- ANY themed apparel from an unlicensed work (hats, headbands, etc….).
- ANY plush, hats, plush hats, or plush type materials that do not contain a Tush Tag and a Swing Tag from a licensed work.
- ANY products with a Swing Tag with a JAN Code that has fewer or more single digits than (13) thirteen.
- ANY Licensed Merchandise without the appropriate copyright information listed or included on/in the product.
- ANY Fan, Amateur, or like classification as it pertains to Artwork or reproduction of any Intellectual Property. Except for Imported Doujinshi comics or manga, with corroborating documentation of import. This rule only applies to Exhibitors, Artists participating in the Artist Alley are exempt from this rule.
- ANY goods or services deemed illegal under the laws of the United States of America, the State of Illinois, and the City of Rosemont, Illinois, and International Copyright Law.
- ANY paraphernalia that may be used for illegal substances. (Glass pipes, water pipes, etc.)
- ANY food, drink, snack, or edible items distributed for sale or free (Exhibitor understands that due to RCC’s catering contract, Exhibitor may not make available any food, drink, snack item, or ingestible product or substance for sale or give-away at Anime Central).
Exhibitor Rules Continued
- Exhibitor agrees that the sale of all weapons will be restricted to persons of age 18 or older and that they are responsible for verification of age before any sale. Exhibitor also agrees to wrap the sold item securely, using a cardboard container, and will notify purchaser that they must take any weapons directly to their hotel room or vehicle, upon exit of the Exhibit Hall.
- Exhibitor agrees and understands that MAPS / Anime Central reserves the right to ban or restrict the sale of weapons or weapon-like merchandise at any time during Anime Central. Failure to comply with this rule will result in immediate expulsion of the offending Exhibitor from the Exhibit Hall.
- Exhibitor agrees and understands that Exhibitor may not charge a monetary or otherwise specified compensation as fee to view retail material within the space rented to Exhibitor by MAPS / Anime Central.
- Exhibitor agrees that the handling, viewing, and sale of adult-themed merchandise will be restricted to persons of age 18 or older and that they are responsible for verification of age before any sale. Exhibitor also agrees to bag/package said merchandise in an opaque bag upon sale.
- Exhibitor agrees that adult-themed merchandise must be displayed in a manner that restricts access from the general public. MAPS / Anime Central reserves the right to ban or restrict the sale of adult-themed merchandise at any time during Anime Central.
- Exhibitor agrees that the display and / or sale of items classified as, or similar to, but not limited to blind bags, blind boxes, grab bags, grab boxes, mixed bags, and variety boxes is not permitted at the booth / event. Exhibitor understands that they may make available for sale or giveaway boxes, bags, or other similar type product container so long as the potential customer can view all the products inside of said container or can visually see all the exact potential products that may be in said container.
- Exhibitor agrees to fully disclose all merchandise types on the Exhibitor Application and understands that Exhibitor’s failure to disclose restricted item types (weapons, weapon reproductions, adult-themed merchandise, or airsofts) on the Exhibitor Application will result in Exhibitor not being permitted to sell those items at Anime Central.
- Exhibitor agrees that all demonstrations, displays, and all other Exhibitor- sponsored activities will be confined to the limits of Exhibitor’s booth. Aisles may not be obstructed at any time, nor are there to be any activities that may result in congestion of aisle traffic.
- Exhibitor understands that the use of devices for mechanical reproduction of sound or music is permitted. Exhibitor understands and agrees that sound of any kind must not be projected outside of the exhibit booth. Exhibitor understands and agrees that sound is specifically prohibited from employing any carnival-type attraction, animal or human, or from operating such noise-creating devices as bells, horns or megaphones. Exhibitor understands and agrees that MAPS / Anime Central reserves the right to determine sound interference with others and Exhibitor shall comply with any request by MAPS / Anime Central to discontinue any such sound or music. Exhibitor understands and agrees to not exceed a maximum noise level of 85 dbs in its exhibit space as determined by MAPS / Anime Central. Exhibitor understands and agrees that failure to comply, and/or failure to adhere after the first warning, may result in immediate expulsion of offending Exhibitor from the Exhibit Hall.
- Exhibitor agrees that no generator that supplies electrical power will be permitted in the hall. Failure of Exhibitor to regulate such apparatuses when so asked by MAPS will result in Exhibitor being ejected from the Exhibit Hall.
- Exhibitor understands and agrees that MAPS / Anime Central is not responsible for the status of their booth or provided materials if booth(s) is unattended during set-up hours.
- Exhibitor understands and agrees that, any non-press, professional, or artists booths will be provided with Two (2) complementary Exhibitor badges, per 10’ x 10’ booth, not to exceed Thirteen (13) complementary Exhibitor badges, to be redeemed no less than Fifteen (15) days prior to the dates of Anime Central. Failure to redeem Exhibitor badges prior to Fifteen (15) days prior to the dates of Anime Central, will result in the automatic forfeit of all none redeemed Exhibitor badges.
- Exhibitor understands that no-one is allowed in the Hall after hours. All needed items must be taken out with the Exhibitor before the Hall closes. Exhibitor will be granted a one (1) hour time period prior to, and after, the show operating hours of the Exhibit Hall for restocking, opening, closing, and general booth maintenance.
- Exhibitor understands that failure to vacate the hall within the given period provided to Exhibitor will result in a fine no less than $100.00 per hour, in which the hour(s) will be assessed as the first 10 minutes of the additional hour(s).
- MAPS / Anime Central reserves the right to require Exhibitor to remove items from public display and or sale if they are deemed unsuitable to the standards set by MAPS. In the event that Exhibitor refuses to remove items from public display, Exhibitor agrees that such a refusal shall be grounds for default of this Contract by Exhibitor, and cause for immediate ejection from Exhibit Hall.
- MAPS / Anime Central reserves the right to refuse to rent booths to Exhibitor. In the event that this occurs, Exhibitor will be notified at least thirty (30) days before the first day of Anime Central, and is entitled to a full refund of the rental fee and any non-refundable deposit.
- MAPS / Anime Central reserves the right to rearrange booth and Exhibitor locations within the Exhibit Hall at the discretion of MAPS / Anime Central. MAPS’s decisions regarding Exhibitor’s space shall be final and binding.
- Exhibitor recognizes that ultimate approval of any and all displays or merchandise is subject to MAPS / Anime Central’s discretion, and any decisions so rendered are binding and final.
- Exhibitor recognizes and agrees that the rented space in which Exhibitor occupies and, but not limited to, associated products, merchandise, and displays may be photographed by any member of the Midwest Animation Promotion Society.
- Exhibitor recognizes that beyond this Contract, all individuals attending and or memberships to Anime Central, regardless of status (attendee or Exhibitor), are subject to the listed rules and regulations governing attendance, behavior, and membership of Anime Central (see Program Guide for list of attendee rules and regulations).
- Exhibitor agrees to be responsible for, indemnify, and hold MAPS / Anime Central, the RCC, and their officers, employees, agents, affiliates and representatives, harmless from any and all claims of any nature, losses, damages, costs, expenses (including attorney fees), personal injury, death, and/or any other claims arising from or related to any act or omission by the Exhibitor or his/her property, agents, representatives or employees in contravention of its obligations under this Contract or any applicable law governing Exhibitor’s activities at the Anime Central.
- Exhibitor agrees to be responsible for, indemnify, and hold MAPS / Anime Central its officers, employees, agents, affiliates and representatives, harmless in case of theft of the Exhibitor’s property both during business hours and after hours.
Exhibitor understands that in the event that MAPS or RCC shall be held liable for any reason that might result from Exhibitor’s action or failure to act, said Exhibitor agrees to reimburse MAPS and/or RCC for all costs and liability resulting there from, including reasonable attorneys fees. MAPS / Anime Central reserves the right to close Exhibitor’s exhibit whenever it is deemed necessary by MAPS / Anime Central for the safety or comfort of those attending Anime Central ; whenever Exhibitor’s exhibit, activity, or material sold is determined by MAPS to be objectionable or offensive to the average person attending Anime Central ; whenever legal conditions, convention policies, or requirements of RCC so dictate; and whenever portions of RCC are destroyed or damaged. Likewise, MAPS reserves the right to cancel arrangements, contracts, or exhibits if Anime Central fails to take place as scheduled, is interrupted and/or discontinued, or access to the premises is prevented or interfered with by reason of any strike, lock out, act of war, act of God, emergency declared by a government agency or Anime Central Event Management, or for any other reason that terminates this Contract. In the event of such termination, Exhibitor agrees to waive all claims of damages and agrees that the sole liability of MAPS shall be the display space rental fee paid, less a pro rata portion of all costs and expenses incurred and committed to, by MAPS.
- No course of dealing or failure of any party to enforce strictly any term of this Contract shall be construed as a waiver of such term, or shall deprive the party of the right thereafter to strictly enforce such term.
- If any part of this Contract is held unenforceable or invalid or prohibited under law, it shall be stricken from this Contract and shall not affect the enforceability of the other parts of this Contract.
- The attached Exhibitor Application, by this reference, is hereby incorporated in and made a part of this Contract.
- This Contract shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois.
- Exhibitor agrees not to deliver, reproduce or in any way allow any such trade secrets, confidential information, knowledge, data or other information, or any documentation relating thereto, to be delivered or used by anyone outside of this contract without specific direction or consent of a duly authorized representative of MAPS / Anime Central.
- Exhibitor understands and agrees that MAPS / Anime Central acts in good faith during the creation of the hall layout and submission to prevent pillars, load bearing structural supports, fire extinguishers, fire hoses, and associated structural blockages, to be outside or between all rental space. Therefore, no refund and or discount, partial or otherwise, will be provided from MAPS / Anime Central due to actions related to a third-party’s activity that may run contrary to what was submitted for implementation when setting-up the hall.
- If Exhibitor has committed any act that offends the community or any segment thereof and/or public morals and decency, such behavior shall be considered a material breach of this Agreement incapable of cure, and if in MAPS / Anime Central’s sole judgment such breach is likely to cause a diminution in the value of the MAPS / Anime Central’s commercial association with Exhibitor, then MAPS / Anime Central shall have the right, in addition to any other rights MAPS / Anime Central may have as a result of such breach, to immediately terminate this Agreement on written notice to Exhibitor. In such event, there shall be no compensation or refund payable to Exhibitor and such termination shall not limit or effect any other rights MAPS / Anime Central may have against Exhibitor under this Agreement on account of such termination.
Exhibitor agrees that all matters and questions not covered by this Contract are subject to the discretion of MAPS and/or the Anime Central Event Management. Exhibitor agrees to abide by, and conform to, all additional rules and regulations as are adopted or prescribed by MAPS from time to time for the management of Anime Central and the Exhibit Hall. Exhibitor acknowledges that it has read this Contract, and expressly agrees to abide by the terms and conditions set forth herein. Exhibitor’s failure to read this Contract prior to signing shall constitute grounds for default. Exhibitor acknowledges the right of MAPS to revoke this Contract in the event Exhibitor is found in default of any terms or conditions set forth herein. In the event of default by Exhibitor, MAPS may do any or all of the following: a) Provide a prorated refund of the cost of the booth(s) and/or “Exhibitor” badges. b) Require the Exhibitor to remove any and all merchandise from his/her booth(s). c) Confiscate any “Exhibitor” badges issued to the Exhibitor. d) Deem any “Exhibitor” badges issued to that Exhibitor to be null and void. e) Ban the Exhibitor from any other events sponsored by MAPS.
List all merchandise being sold below. You may attach a separate sheet if needed. If selling airsofts, weapons, or weapon-like merchandise, please also include the types of items with documented images. If the attached merchandise is adult-themed, weapons, weapon-like merchandise, or airsofts, and they are not disclosed on page 02 and on the application request form, said merchandise may not be permitted for sale by said Exhibitor during the event.
Small Press / Professional / Artist Addendum
If you have selected that you are interested in, or pursuing the Small Press / Professional / Artist Exhibiting Space, this addendum will be incorporated into the above agreement entered upon by and between Midwest Animation Promotion Society, an Illinois not for profit corporation doing business as Anime Central (“MAPS”),, and Exhibitor to additionally govern Exhibitor’s participation in the Anime Central Conference (“Anime Central). The business venue for Anime Central will be an exhibit hall (“Exhibit Hall”) operated by, and located within, the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, Illinois (“RCC”).
- Artist Alley is a place for artists (and other creative individuals) to promote and sell their work. Therefore, anything sold at the table must be a product of your own creative work (or a team member, if you work with others).
- For example, if you’ve drawn a comic, you can sell that comic, even if it was commercially printed through a publisher.
- Read up on copyright and Fair Use – this is great information! : http://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl102.html
- If you aren’t sure something is sell-able in the alley, please ask the Department Manager before the convention, so that there are no surprises.
- You cannot sell commercially produced or unlicensed anime or manga items. This includes the resale of manga, DVDs, clothing, plushies, and figurines, etc. nor may you sell repurposed commercially produced items.
- You may not sell or make product available that uses a title, logo, character name, or similar type distinction of work you do not possess the copyright or intellectual property right.
- You also may not use downloaded, scanned, or redrawn copies of images that are not your own work to create merchandise to sell. (Here’s an example: You cannot download an image from the web and silk-screen it on to t-shirts and sell those in the Alley.) You may not duplicate existing licensed merchandise in any form-clothing, figurines, etc.
- You may not sell and/or display swords, weaponry, or weapon-like items for purchase.
- You may not sell and/or display T-Shirts or Large Wearable Materials such as clothing in excess of 50% of your used table/area space, above, below, in front, beside, and behind said table/area space.
- You may not sell and/or display Animal Tails, Fantasy Tails, Tails, or Tail like products for use as a tail, or uses other than using that tail as a tail. The majority of these items have become professional products in the Exhibition Hall, and therefore will be limited to the Exhibition Hall, and not allowed in the Artist Alley. The only exception will be unique commissions taken at the convention for delivery after the event.
- The use of Industrial machines, which are intended to mass produce items such as, t-shirts and vinyl stickers/decals, is prohibited in the Artist Alley. These are products which belong in the Dealers hall and will not be permitted in the Alley. (I.E. the use of compressors or vinyl cut printers belongs in the dealers’ room but a manual press button machine, products made on a home sewing machine, a Art/Comic/Manga Book of your own original Artwork, or prints are acceptable for the Alley.)
- The use of Grab-Bags, Grab-Boxes, or anything of similar is strictly prohibited.
- You should be able to prove that work is your own if asked. (I.E. your signature, other examples of your work, trademark/copyright notice, etc.)
- Final determination of appropriateness is at the discretion of the Exhibit Space Department Manager.
- Due to RCC’s catering contract, you may not make available any food or drink items to convention attendees. This includes offering food or candies to people. Doing this leads to a breach in contract and will result in immediate expulsion with no refund.
- Adult materials need to be covered or otherwise kept from the reach of minors. Please be responsible in your transactions-purchase and handling of adult materials must involve an ID check. Adult materials may only be sold by adults who are of legal age and can provide proof, otherwise they will be unable to sell this merchandise, asked to remove it from the Artist Alley if not removed then the offender(s) will be required to surrender their membership badge. Adult materials include all adult themed art and weaponry (fake or real). If it is found that you are selling to minors you will be removed immediately. MAPS reserves the right to require artists to remove items from public display if they are deemed unsuitable to the standards set by MAPS. This is enforced.
- Please be considerate of other artists with displays, music, etc. Do not display your own Artwork in a way that it appears to be another Artists work, or for sale by another Artist. Basically, keep your work displayed so that it does not bleed into other Artist’s areas.
- Anime Central Exhibit Space Management reserve the right to disallow registration for any Artist, Studio, or Individual, from attending the Artist Alley as an Artist, or Studio Member, in the Artist Alley for any length of time, without notification to the effected individual or studio.
- Creative displays (easels, tablecloths, backdrops and the like) are encouraged, but be certain that your display doesn’t interfere with others’ space.. Music, videos, etc. should not disturb others. Basically, we’re asking you to be a good neighbor, because we all very much value the community that is the Artist’s Alley.
- You may not front a table from the Dealers Hall, or use Artist Alley / Art Show table(s) as a substitute for a Dealers Hall Booth, if found doing so your table and membership badge will be removed and no refund will be issued.
- If you are registered or have been an Exhibitor at another show, you are not permitted to obtain a space in the Anime Central Artist Alley.
- If your products are identified as exceeding the qualifications of an Artist Alley location, you will only be applicable for Retailer Hall registration for the current and/or subsequent years.
- If you or one of your studio members is not the Artist of the work you sell, you may not sell that artwork. In addition, if you obtained permission to sell said Artwork, but said Artist’s Art work is already being sold in the hall or the Artist is selling in the Hall, you may not sell that Artwork.
- A studio member may not belong to multiple studios.
Space Management and Safety
Do not place items in the walkways in front of or behind your table space. Space allowed behind tables is sufficient for backdrops, etc. without interfering in the walkways. As the space behind your tables is designated for backdrops and your supply space having people sitting in the walkway behind your tables interferes with traffic of other artists who are trying to move out of their tables to go to the bathroom or eat. This goes back to being courteous to your neighbors. You are not allowed to have people sitting behind your table, blocking exits. Punishment for using space, any space whether it is behind, next to, in front of your table or on the opposite side of the artist alley can include but are not limited to: You being asked to leave the alley, Not being allowed back the following year, or removal of offenders’ membership badge.
Access to the Alley outside of business hours is restricted to selected Anime Central staff and individuals wearing special Exhibitor / Artist membership badges. Access is only allowed during the special times laid out on the schedule any other time you will not be allowed in, there will be no exceptions. I.E. If you forget something in the Alley you will not be allowed back into the hall.
- No individual will be allowed to sell merchandise without an artist membership badge. The only valid place of business during Anime Central is the contracted space(s) inside the Artist Alley. If you are found selling merchandise outside the Artist Alley without the express, written consent of MAPS, you risk being declared in breach of contract. This will result in removal of all table privileges and removal from the convention.
- One Artist Alley membership badge is provided with one approved registration submission, for use during Anime Central. This membership badge is nontransferable and nonrefundable.
- If you are or intend to be a panelist you must submit your panel request before you register for the Artist Alley. Furthermore, if you are or intend to be a panelist, the head panelist must use the same account to register for the Artist Alley as they did to submit a panel request. Failing to comply with said restriction will negate the panelist membership badge, and you will be required to purchase a membership badge to the convention in order to proceed in the Artist Alley process.
- Please do not move tables without the permission and aid of the Exhibit Space staff. The configuration is designed for accessibility, safety and good flow of traffic. If a table needs to be moved for purposes of unloading, display set-up, etc, please inform a staff member before the convention. We will attempt to honor all reasonable requests. Subleasing or assigning any space without the prior written consent of management is strictly forbidden. If consent is provided, the Artist in that location is bound by all convention and Artist Alley rules and regulations. Management reserves the right to disallow or demand the ejection of any subleasing or assigning organization from the Artist Alley without notice to the original Artist.
- You must remain at the table you are assigned to. You may not move to another table without written permission of the Artist Alley staff.
- Circumstances may change ahead of time, so you may be moved to another spot. We will attempt to contact you, but we cannot be held responsible for any inconvenience this may cause.
- Any table swaps must be approved by both parties and the Exhibit Space Department Manager or Assistant Department Manager. Forms must be signed by all parties. Keep in mind that table swaps will not be reflected on any maps or signs.
Please plan to be in attendance at your table for duration of the open hours of the Artist Alley to Anime Central Attendees, for the entirety of the event. If you do not claim the space by 9:00 am Friday, you will automatically forfeit your table, without refund, no exceptions will be provided.
Please follow all requests of con staff. Failure to do so may cause the loss of your table without refund. If there is a dispute with a staff request or you feel the need to have something explained further, please see the Exhibit Space Department Manager, or the Assistant Department Managers and they will try to resolve the dispute as quickly as possible.
MAPS cannot be held responsible for loss or damages to your property while at the con. Please keep an eye on your belongings, merchandise and supplies. Be community minded and report any suspicious activity to the staff. Please do not attempt to detain shoplifter’s yourself-call out to staff; we have people trained to handle it. You also need to report individuals who are taking photos of your art that you have not authorized to do so, as you see fit. We will endeavor to put a stop to such actions. Basically Artist agrees to be responsible for, indemnify, and hold MAPS, the RCC, and their officers, employees, agents, affiliates and representatives, harmless from any and all claims of any nature, losses, damages, costs, expenses (including attorneys fees), personal injury, death, and/or any other claims arising from or related to any act or omission by the Artist or his/her property, agents, representatives or employees in contravention of its obligations under this Contract or any applicable law governing Artist’s activities at the Anime Central.
You are allowed to leave your tables for breaks. We encourage these breaks to be no longer than 30 minutes, and it is recommended that you remove items of value when you leave. We respectfully suggest that you do not let anyone you do not know handle money at your table in your absence. If you feel, you will be gone for more than 30 minutes, either bring along an accomplice or two to watch your space or you must make arrangements with the staff at the alley staff table to sign out for the day. This is to encourage artists to stay in the alley while it is open; an empty alley makes other artists look bad. If you abandon your table for the day, shortly after the alley opens, without signing out, your table may be released to other artists. I.E. if you want to go the masquerade but need to leave early, make arrangements and it will be fine.