Interested in becoming part of the ACen team? We love volunteers!
Check out the Department Descriptions and find a place you’d like to be!
NEW VOLUNTEERS! See the requirements below based on the type of “staff” you’d like to be.
Volunteer Perks can include:
• A free ACen issued badge for the following year after 16 hours of work.
• Experiences & Stories you’ll never forget.
• Be eligible for crash space after the required amount of hours; pending availability.
Join our team and make a difference. Who knows, you may even find a department to staff with next year!
To be a Volunteer you must:
• Be 18 or older by May 15th, 2013. (Bring ID with you)
• Have an ACen issued badge.
• Not lose your provided time card and turn it in on a daily basis.
Examples of how a Volunteer may accumulate hours are:
• Checking for ACen issued badges at the door of a featured event or function.
• Fulfilling various tasks around the convention center – running from hotel to hotel or even hotel to convention center.
• The prepping and assembly of main programming events like the Masquerade, Anime Hell, and Midnight Madness by laying down cables and plastic wrap the size of Gendo.
• Double Hours are earned during Wednesday & Thursday Set Up: (till midnight Thursday) AND during Sunday Tear-Down. (4pm till the job is done)*
The Set-Up/Tear-Down Team is part of the Volunteers Department! A special part, of the Volunteers Department! The Set-up and Tear-down teams work in tandem, directly with ACen staffers to make sure Anime Central gets up and running on time and without a hitch.
IF you would like to be a part of making sure that happens, sign up here!
We are looking for Volunteers who can commit to helping before and/or after Con.
Especially directed at those of you who are interested in volunteering to receive reimbursement on the cost of your badge, but don’t want to miss a minute of anime-goodies during the convention. This is your shot to give back to the con you love so much, without giving up your favorite ACen events, and walk away with a few stories of your own! You can help make ACen’s Sweet Sixteen amazing!
Do you have any of the following talents?
• Can you lay down cable?
• Can you list “creative use of gaffers tape” on your resume?
• Can you set up game consoles?
• Can you lay down miles and miles of plastic wrap?
• Do you have the OCD for rows and rows of lined up chairs?
• Can you hook up a computer faster than Vash can dodge a bullet?
• Can you be the snake charmer that entices the cables neatly into the basket?
• Can you fold large curtains tighter than an eggroll?
• Can you pull off gaffers tape, faster than Shigure can draw her sword?
• Do you have mad Jedi Tetris Skills when packing trucks?
• Can you help wrangle a wagon train of dollies across vast hotel hallways?
• Can you disassemble a computer faster than Wolfwood can open The Cross?
If any of these sound like something you’d be good at, sign up below!
• Just like a regular Volunteer during con, you choose your own hours! Just fill out & turn in your provided Time Card each day.
• As an extra perk, your volunteered hours will count as double during these times!
• If you’re interested in volunteering before Con, be a part of the Set-Up Team. We are looking for people available on Wednesday and Thursday!
• If you’re interested in volunteering after Con or are merely a few hours away from your rollover badge, sign up for the Tear-Down team. We need Volunteers for Sunday like a Pokémon Trainer needs Poke Balls!