Interested in becoming part of the ACen team? We love volunteers!
Check out the Department Descriptions and find a place you’d like to be!
NEW VOLUNTEERS! See the requirements below based on the type of “staff” you’d like to be.
The Guest Relations department is currently looking for Guest Assistant Japanese Interpreters for the ACen 2014 convention year. Guest Assistants provide support and assistance to guests of honor as it relates to the convention.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
Interested candidates can send an email to email@example.com , please include qualifications in the forms of both a resume and a cover letter (as well as any questions). We look forward to hearing from you.
Volunteer Perks can include:
To be a Volunteer you must:
Examples of how a Volunteer may accumulate hours are:
Hours go towards:
The Set-Up/Tear-Down Team is part of the Volunteers Department! A special part, of the Volunteers Department! The Set-up and Tear-down teams work in tandem, directly with ACen staffers to make sure Anime Central gets up and running on time and without a hitch.
IF you would like to be a part of making sure that happens, sign up here!
We are looking for Volunteers who can commit to helping before and/or after Con.
Especially directed at those of you who are interested in volunteering to receive reimbursement on the cost of your membership, but don’t want to miss a minute of anime-goodies during the convention. This is your shot to give back to the con you love so much, without giving up your favorite ACen events, and walk away with a few stories of your own! You can help make ACen’s Sweet Sixteen amazing!
Do you have any of the following talents?
• Can you lay down cable?
• Can you list “creative use of gaffers tape” on your resume?
• Can you set up game consoles?
• Can you lay down miles and miles of plastic wrap?
• Do you have the OCD for rows and rows of lined up chairs?
• Can you hook up a computer faster than Vash can dodge a bullet?
• Can you be the snake charmer that entices the cables neatly into the basket?
• Can you fold large curtains tighter than an eggroll?
• Can you pull off gaffers tape, faster than Shigure can draw her sword?
• Do you have mad Jedi Tetris Skills when packing trucks?
• Can you help wrangle a wagon train of dollies across vast hotel hallways?
• Can you disassemble a computer faster than Wolfwood can open The Cross?
If any of these sound like something you’d be good at, sign up below!
• Just like a regular Volunteer during con, you choose your own hours! Just fill out & turn in your provided Time Card each day.
• As an extra perk, your volunteered hours will count as double during these times!
• If you’re interested in volunteering before Con, be a part of the Set-Up Team. We are looking for people available on Wednesday and Thursday!
• If you’re interested in volunteering after Con or are merely a few hours away from your rollover membership, sign up for the Tear-Down team. We need Volunteers for Sunday like a Pokémon Trainer needs Poke Balls!
If interested in working any and all days of ACen, please fill out the Volunteers Sign Up form. (Feel free to volunteer all weekend if you would like!)
Remember, you must be 18 or older to volunteer and must have an ACen issued membership badge or pass. (ID will be required upon sign up)