Jaye & Elle’s Formal Dance, the Soap Bubble, and Synergy are some of the largest and most attended Live Events Anime Central has to offer. If you’re looking for a party, come down to the ballrooms of the Hyatt Regency O’Hare on Friday and Saturday night to find some of the best dances in the midwest!
Jaye & Elle’s Formal Dance
Saturday in the Rosemont Ballroom; Hyatt Regency O’Hare
In addition to purchasing an Anime Central membership, this event requires the purchase of a Formal Dance ticket. Tickets are available online in the registration system. If you’ve already registered for your ACen badge, but wish to purchase your tickets before the convention, you can log in and add them until April 1st!
This year’s theme has not been announced yet.
Formal Dance Tickets
Formal Dance Ticket Price: $10.00
Participants in the Formal Dance must be registered attendees of Anime Central at the time of the ball.
- Each participant must present their membership badge and their ticket in order to enter the Formal Dance. The name on the badge must match the name on the ticket.
- Coat check will not be provided. Do not bring large props or items that cannot be contained on your person. Purses are allowed within the dance.
- Hours and location may be subject to change.
- All attendees must adhere to the Dress Code.
This dress code will be strictly enforced. The Formal Dance event staff have full discretion to decide if an outfit meets the dress code. If an outfit is found to be inappropriate, entry may be denied until all issues are corrected. If you are unsure about your attire, please feel free to email us at FormalDance@ACen.org and we will let you know if it is acceptable. We encourage you to send a picture of yourself wearing the outfit in order to best judge if it is appropriate.
- We encourage attendees to come dressed as one of the Aoi sisters, or even the dashing Kit, but your outfit must still conform to all of the dress code requirements.
- The neckline of shirts, dresses, etc. must be tasteful.
- Your midriff must be covered. No belly tops, crop tops, etc.
- Dresses must be knee length or longer unless non-see through stockings or tights are worn.
- Long dress pants are acceptable with a formal top. Khakis with cargo pockets are not acceptable.
- Military dress and formal kimonos are considered formal attire.
- Cosplay and Crossplay are welcomed if appropriately formal.
- Jeans, shorts, t-shirts, tennis shoes, torn clothing, etc. are not considered formal attire.
- Large accessories such as weapons or large wings are not permitted.
Friday in Grand Ballroom; Hyatt Regency O’Hare
Come check out Synergy in the Grand Ballroom where you’ll hear tracks from some of the best DJs that Japan has to offer. Whatever your musical tastes, you’re going to find something to enjoy as some of Japan’s rising stars put on a show you’d have to go halfway around the world to attend otherwise!
Saturday in Grand Ballroom; Hyatt Regency O’Hare
The Soap Bubble is the oldest, longest running, and most highly anticipated anime convention party in the US. With some of the best DJs from around the world coming to spin for all 3000+ fans that pack the Hyatt Regency O’Hare’s Grand Ballroom, it is not to be missed. This coming year will be no different! Expect great music, an awesome vibe, and a large crowd of the greatest fans dancing all night long and into the early morning hours. This is one party worth seeing in person and you truly haven’t experienced the entire convention until you’ve been to the best anime convention party in the country!