Anime Central Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Desperate One

Car sleeping, since everywhere is full

For four long days, I've been trying to find a room to stay nearby, but everywhere is full, no one can spear room for just one more person. I am tired and exhausted. I have tried every option, asked tens of people, and just got a bunch of "Sorry, we're full". There's no longer anyone offering, just people asking. Everyone here is asking for a room, at this point, what makes people think any of us will find one?

So I was wondering. What's your opinion about sleeping in a car in a safe area close to the convention center? (I'm sleeping in my own car alone. Anyone else, go find your own car to sleep in, lol).

Is it safe sleeping alone at night. Are there things to expect, to be concerned about?

Kwista   

I actually looked into sleeping in a car and it seems like not fun or too safe but if it's the only option, good luck. Just find somewhere safe to park!!

Park on the South Side of Chicago; that’s by far the safest area in the city XD

A friend of mine slept in his car last week there, and now he sleeps like an angel . . . XD

Edited by Winter-Phantom

Nal0781   

I’d worry about the cold more than anything.

If you have a car and don’t mind driving 2-3 miles to the convention, google hotels Elk Grove Village North and you will get an array of options.  There’s a Howard Johnson that can probably be had for around $70 a night.  It is also right on a pace bus line.