Anime Central Forums
Sign in to follow this  
StarRockerX

First Time at the Hyatt!

Last year i stayed at the Double Tree and i had a wonderful experience. For this year me and a friend are staying at the Hyatt and before i decide what shoes to wear i wanna know what experiences and amenities are available at the Hyatt.

Do they have ice machines?

Is it advised that we bring our own cooler for beverages?

Important things i need to know before we pack?

ETC ETC ETC.
Much appreciation <3

The Hyatt does have ice machines in the hallways. They do have a stocked mini fridge, but you will not be able to store things in them. So it’s best to bring a cooler to store things that need to be cooled. 

I'm actually going to make a correction to Moogle_21's post. The above mentioned stocked mini fridges have been taken out completely as of last year and in their place they have put in real usable fridges with small freezer sections. They have no mini bars anymore. I just spoke to the Hyatt about 5 minutes ago and this was a question I asked. Unless your planning on bringing huge amounts of stuff I dont think the cooler will be necessary.

Edited by KungPowKirby

That's good news about the fridges. My group does meal prep pre-con so we always bring a large cooler for food.

The rooms can feel a bit small, especially the king ones. But if you have a balcony room it'll feel much bigger. But the downside with those is that they're right off the open lobby so it will be very noisy. I usually go for the rooms in the executive tower. Bit of a longer walk but much quieter.

I also highly recommend signing up for their rewards program. You'll get access to a shorter check-in line when you arrive. Makes a difference when you just wanna drop off your stuff and hit the con. And it's worth building the points. My stay is free this year because of that ;)

On 3/31/2019 at 0:24 PM, KungPowKirby said:

I'm actually going to make a correction to Moogle_21's post. The above mentioned stocked mini fridges have been taken out completely as of last year and in their place they have put in real usable fridges with small freezer sections. They have no mini bars anymore. I just spoke to the Hyatt about 5 minutes ago and this was a question I asked. Unless your planning on bringing huge amounts of stuff I dont think the cooler will be necessary.

That’s awesome, thanks for the update.

Replying to my own post. I just got information from Hyatt in regards to my stay (and for many others)

Conveniences wise some to note:

- Microwaves are available on each guest floor near the ice Machines
- Food Trucks will be parked outside the hotel this year again
- If you are a Discoverist, Explorist, or Globalist member there is complementary bottled water
- Parking is $20 a night with overflow at the Williams Street Garage and the Blue Line CTA