Anime Central Forums
Shiggitay

ACen 2019 Hotel Incidentals Friendly Reminder

Hey all! ACen is slowly encroaching upon us, and many of us are putting aside money for our hotel stays... Also many of us I'm sure might forget that not only does your hotel of choice charge you for your 3+ night stay but also each night includes an incidental insurance charge as well. That's typically $50/night booked. A user who shall remain nameless from the Otakon forums was surprised and frustrated that he couldn't check in (without the help of his dad who loaned him some money) because he didn't have upwards of $150 required at check in, of which is the $50 a night I mentioned a moment ago. Don't put yourself in his situation. Always save / request from your roommates a little bit more to cover this fee that many hotels charge. Also to note, this charge is TEMPORARY given your room isn't trashed beyond simple methods of room cleaning, and will be reversed and refunded within reasonable time after you check out. That'll vary from hotel to hotel, but the $150-200 or so extra charged to your credit/debit card will be temporary.

So, I intend this thread to serve as a reminder for everyone to have you / your group budget an additional $150-200 or so for the incidentals, even if the booking site you're using doesn't mention it, even though they should, but if you're an experienced con-goer/hotel booker you should expect/remember and budget for it....

Thanks for reading,

Shiggitay