Anime Central Forums
Shiggitay

Curious about ACen's Masquerade

Hey all! I'm a very experienced con-goer, and at each con I go to I try and attend its masquerade... I've been going to ACen since 2012, and not once have I attended its masquerade. How does it compare to others cons' masquerades? I really wanna try and attend this year, and I'm looking forward to it.

Edited by Shiggitay

The Masquerade is pretty large, but (at least in years past) it's been a bit unorganized, at least from a competitor's standpoint. I haven't just viewed it in years, though. That all being said, the last time I competed in ACen's Masquerade, they had a bit of quality assurance so to speak to make sure the competitors were actually paying attention to what they were doing.

I hope that answers your question somewhat and wasn't just rambling lol

The Masquarde is nice if you havent been to one - though in my experience its rushed because they are worried about Soap Bubble right after it. The last one I attended was a couple of years ago and they never seem have enough time at the end to give out awards etc. I used to go every year religiously but tbh as years have gone by and the amount of new anime I watch is less and less I just hasnt been worth the effort to get into the thing.