Anime Central Forums
DocMui

Call for Fanfiction Panelists

DocMui   

It's that time again! No, it's not time to spin the Wheel of Morality ™, it's time to select panelists for the Anime Central 2018 Fanfiction Panel!

If you're going to be attending ACen and you're interested in being on the panel, please send the following information:

1. Your name or preferred handle.

2. Your real name, if different.

3. A list of your preferred works, including any you may have written in the past year.

4. The URL of your website, if any, or where your works can be found.

5. If you've been on a fanfic panel before, and if so, where.

6. (OPTIONAL) Why you'd like to be on the panel.

Please private mail me at pmui1@NOSPAMPLEASE.prodigy.net ASAP if you're interested or PM me on the forum. (I'm sure you know what to remove--it's in capitals.) :-)

The panel has been submitted and I can add more panelists.

Some clarifications:

1. This is meant to be an all-ages fanfiction panel. That means if you're looking for 18+ information, look elsewhere.
2. This is not meant to be a "we dispense wisdom from on high" panel. This is meant to be interactive. In my experiences running the panel, I've learned just as much from the audience as they have from me and the rest of the panel.
3. The prevailing attitude is one of support. Yes, it's very easy to read bad fanfiction and mock the author. Its harder (and more satisfying) to say "here's what can go wrong and here's what we suggest to avoid that."

Hope to hear from you soon!

--Pearson "Doc" Mui