Anime Central Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Shira-chan

Any Ideas for Travel Without a Car?

I hate to be this person, but most of my group besides me dropped out this last week including everyone that could drive to the con. I still really want to go so ride or not I'm getting there. However, are there any good methods of transportation from Northwestern Illinois to Rosemont? (I know there's Greyhound and Amtrak but I'm trying to make them last resort if possible.) Please let me know if you have any other experiences. I'm also willing (And this would be my preferred method) to hitchhike with a congoer from the Northwestern Illinois or Eastern Iowa area. I will pay for my portion of the gas and I just really need a ride to the area and back, I can probably figure something else for the hotel. (Though if needed, I can pitch in gas for that too.)

I wasn't for sure if to put it here or not, so feel free to let me know if this is the wrong spot. I'm sort of panicing cause I was looking forward to going and now all this stuff happened. Thanks in advance everyone!

Hey, so not many people go on the forums anymore, so you probably won't get much traffic here. Try posting on the Anime Central group page, more people will see it and be able to help probably!!! :)

That's what I was wondering, but I wasn't for sure if to do so. Thank you! (I have to go find it cause the only group I'm in is the cosplay meet-ups one.)

I'd recommend the train/bus as options since you may run into other ACen-goers on the way! That way you can meet up and stay together for safety! Either route will have you taking the blue line into the con at the Rosemont stop. I myself am taking the amtrak from Michigan & it's my 1st train ride & I'm excited for it! I know there are others on the forums that are taking the train too!

youth   

Without knowing if you have am Amtrak line near your location I'd go with Greyhound or Megabus option. Greyhound has more locations including a Cumberland stop that is one blue line train stop from the con. Megabus has fewer routes, but may be (much) faster.