Anime Central Forums
Kawaii Captain

Contacts for Ditto cosplay

So Ditto is my favorite pokemon of all time. Super relatable as someone who has had identity issues all her life.

SO I decided to do a tribute cosplay to that cute little blob whos existence has given me comfort for as long as I can remember.

Now I was thinking about going with either 16mm black contacts. or black sclera lenses. However I have astigmatism in both eyes. My eye doc said he'd prefer if i didn't wear any contacts at all, but if I must no longer than 8 hours.

I have a pair of 16.5mm lenses and they were perfectly fine until somehow makeup got underneath them. then I had to take them out because my eye turned all red due to irritation (that always happens to me)

so I read a little about sclera lenses and saw that they do cause some discomfort. I was wondering if someone could describe the feeling to me. i don't wanna dish out $70 and then never wear them.

also would all black sclera lenses even look right for ditto? he has these beady little eyes but no eye whites!

also what brand/store would be the best place to get sclera lenses?

thanks!

I feel like you might look demonish if you wear sclera lenses, but I get what you mean. Ditto does not have whites around his eyes. However, I wore a human gijinka umbreon cosplay and just got simple red colored contacts (u could see the whites of my eyes), but ppl still seemed to get that I was umbreon. I think you might be better off just getting all black circle lenses.

I generally shop at pinkyparadise.com for my colored lenses and they have astigmatism ones (yay!), but upon going to the website I noticed that as of this year they are not shipping to the US due to the strict laws. However, I was told that these two websites are also good to buy from:

http://www.candylens.com/<br style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12.48px; background-color: rgb(240, 244, 247);">http://www.youknowit.com/

I feel like you might look demonish if you wear sclera lenses, but I get what you mean. Ditto does not have whites around his eyes. However, I wore a human gijinka umbreon cosplay and just got simple red colored contacts (u could see the whites of my eyes), but ppl still seemed to get that I was umbreon. I think you might be better off just getting all black circle lenses.

I generally shop at pinkyparadise.com for my colored lenses and they have astigmatism ones (yay!), but upon going to the website I noticed that as of this year they are not shipping to the US due to the strict laws. However, I was told that these two websites are also good to buy from:

http://www.candylens.com/<br style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12.48px; background-color: rgb(240, 244, 247);">http://www.youknowit.com/

thanks! yeah my concern about using scleras was also like, i'd look demonic haha. all the pictures ive ever seen of people with scleras look scary

Also agreeing that you'd probably look evil in plain black sclera lens xD Sclera lens are also really bad for your eyes and only meant to worn maybe 4 hours at a time, tops. They cover the majority of your eye, meaning oxygen and tears/wetness can't get in. If regular contacts seem to bother you, sclera will probably be a nightmare. I'd go for the regular black lens instead. (Disclaimer: I haven't worn sclera's myself but did a bunch of research on them when debated them for my own cosplay xD Decided they weren't worth it lol)