Anime Central Forums
Drakenwitch

Amtrak?

kahad   

Current plan is to leave Carbondale on the early train Thursday the 18th. I might even be able to bring a minion this year!

Too bad my train only offers coach or the super-expensive bedrooms.

Ah you should have applied for the Amtrak Guest Rewards credit card before the year end, it gives you 30000 bonus points. Right now it gives you 20000 points but still good for a bedroom on the Lake Shore Limited, one-way. ( Or if you can tolerate switching trains in Washington DC and have no checked luggage, the Capitol Limited bedroom are much cheaper, $260 vs. $480 one way.)

Edited by neutralist

Ah you should have applied for the Amtrak Guest Rewards credit card before the year end, it gives you 30000 bonus points. Right now it gives you 20000 points but still good for a bedroom on the Lake Shore Limited, one-way. ( Or if you can tolerate switching trains in Washington DC and have no checked luggage, the Capitol Limited bedroom are much cheaper, $260 vs. $480 one way.)

Thinking about the Capitol Limited on my return trip. Visit Dullawhere for a day while I'm at it.

kahad   

Just bought my ticket. Will be leaving Carbondale bright and early 3 AM. Saved $40 off the ticket price of the train I usually take.

I'm taking the 351 Wolverine out of Troy, MI on 5/18 at 6:05 am EDT, arriving in CHI at 10:45 am CDT & then hopping the blue line to Rosemont! Hope to see some ACen-goers along the way! Look for a girl carrying a ACen messenger bag!!

Edited by venus2869

Just bought my ticket. Will be leaving Carbondale bright and early 3 AM. Saved $40 off the ticket price of the train I usually take.

Ah.... thats the CONO Superliner (#58). It is a bi-level train with its own sightseeing lounge. I assume you are taking coach, which means it is upstairs.

No one else taking the Lake Shore Limited?

Doubt many of them coming from the east.

kahad   

Ah.... thats the CONO Superliner (#58). It is a bi-level train with its own sightseeing lounge. I assume you are taking coach, which means it is upstairs.

Yep, I'll be upstairs. Most likely I'll spend most of the ride to Chicago either asleep or siting in the "lounge room."

Every time I think about an alternate mode of transportation I keep remembering that at least Amtrak has comfortable seats and I can bring my own booze on the train. Looks like I'm taking the Lake Shore Limited again next year.