Anime Central Forums
Maybean

First ACen!

Maybean   

Hello everyone!

2016 will be my first time going to ACen and I'm pretty excited. I haven't done very many cosplays but I plan to bring Fran (FFXII), Prince Soma (Black Butler), and one or two more. Maybe my Barret (FFVII). I guess I could’ve put that in my signature. Ah well!

But yeah! I'm an 'older' cosplayer (25+). For the most part I attend conventions in my home area, KCMO, but I do like Nebkon and next year I'm branching out to see what ACen is all about.

Nice to meet you all! Looking forward to all of the awesomeness and great people! :)/>/>

Edited by Maybean

xkiabx   

Welcome to Anime Central/ACen!

I'm still pretty new myself. 2016 will be my 3rd year. So that aside...word of advice is that I hope you order your badge online and chose to have it mail to you so that you wouldn't have to deal with the long lines, which is worth the extra dollars you pay for.

Other than that, ACen has a lot to offer so hopefully you find something that interests you. Goodluck, have fun, and use soap!

Been going to ACen since 2012, so this'll be #5 for me. And don't worry about your age, I'm going to be 38 by the time ACen hits and I'll be far from the oldest one there.

Yay for the over 30 club! haha I'll be 32 by the time ACen 2016 rolls around and I've also been attending since 2012. Good stuff.

Also, Maybean welcome to the zaniness that is the ACen forums lol. If you see me around at the con feel free to say hello! I don't bite hard...or... much... LOL xD

Edited by Shiggitay

Maybean   

Hello everyone and thanks for the welcome! I was sure to select the mailing option and it's kind of amazing that that's an option. Tis a very nice feature. Can't wait until it's time for the convention! Until then, I'll try to take in all of the forum fun. :)

Yay for the over 30 club! haha I'll be 32 by the time ACen 2016 rolls around and I've also been attending since 2012. Good stuff.

Also, Maybean welcome to the zaniness that is the ACen forums lol. If you see me around at the con feel free to say hello! I don't bite hard...or... much... LOL xD

Are you Amtraking it this year?

Are you Amtraking it this year?

[un]fortunately not. lol. I decided to book a flight since it's quicker, and I didn't want to put more stress on my manager at work due to having to have more days off to compensate the additional day for travel. As is I have over 2 weeks off in May, and he wouldn't like it if I was to say "Oh guess what.. I'm taking a train to Chicago and I need another day off!".

Maybe for ACen 2017 if you're still going I could come down to NYC and we could share an AMTRAK ride or something? That'd be fun.

[un]fortunately not. lol. I decided to book a flight since it's quicker, and I didn't want to put more stress on my manager at work due to having to have more days off to compensate the additional day for travel. As is I have over 2 weeks off in May, and he wouldn't like it if I was to say "Oh guess what.. I'm taking a train to Chicago and I need another day off!".

Maybe for ACen 2017 if you're still going I could come down to NYC and we could share an AMTRAK ride or something? That'd be fun.

Since the Lake Shore Limited hooks the NYC and Bahstahn runs together in Albany, you could simply take that one. Just look for the guy in the really long black denim duster this year acting really shady as I've decided on my cosplay this year.

Hey hi ho! This is my 8th year going to ACen, and I'm an "older" ??? cosplayer of 23. Honestly, you won't feel out of place at all so don't worry about it a bit! Hopefully the weather will cooperate this year, but it's usually a crapshoot and could be pouring rain and 50 degrees, could be sunny and 75! Who knows? Not us, clearly.

I hope you have an awesome time. There's so much to do, I'm sure you won't run out of stuff. Definitely read through the programming book- I didn't do that my first year, and only stayed for a day, so I missed a ton of cool stuff. Either way, have fun!!! :happydance:

Edited by EternalSailorMoon