Anime Central Forums
Nando

Finally coming to ACen again.

Nando   

Hey, I used to go to ACen all the time in High School. Stopped going around 2009. I went again 2 years ago, but I came with the wrong mindset and friends, and it kind of ruined my experience. This time I'm coming alone and I'm looking to make new friends.

Obviously, I like anime. I'm getting back into photography as well, so that might be something I'll be doing this next con!My flickr page if anyone's interested. For the moment, it's very boring and empty, but there's definitely gonna be more stuff added soon.

I like League of Legends and Hearthstone. Lot's of stuff. But yeah, looking to make new friends, possibly join a new group! So if anyone wants to talk or whatever, please feel free to message me!

Welcome back to ACen! Hopefully this year you can find the right people to go with :) I've actually gone "alone" for many years, and I just hop from group to group. I've got different friends who like different things, such as checking out the dealer hall, waiting in autograph lines, hitting up panels, or going to the raves. I think you have the best time when you do what YOU want to do, and if you can't find someone to do those things with, don't sweat it! Go alone and with a good attitude, try to talk to the people around you, and chances are you'll leave with all new friends, even if you only end up friends for a single event.

Can't tell much from only 3 pictures, but it looks like you've got a great eye for backgrounds and perspectives which could make for some cool cosplay photos!

Nando   

Welcome back to ACen! Hopefully this year you can find the right people to go with :)/> I've actually gone "alone" for many years, and I just hop from group to group. I've got different friends who like different things, such as checking out the dealer hall, waiting in autograph lines, hitting up panels, or going to the raves. I think you have the best time when you do what YOU want to do, and if you can't find someone to do those things with, don't sweat it! Go alone and with a good attitude, try to talk to the people around you, and chances are you'll leave with all new friends, even if you only end up friends for a single event.

Can't tell much from only 3 pictures, but it looks like you've got a great eye for backgrounds and perspectives which could make for some cool cosplay photos!

Yeah, I'm not too nervous about going solo. I did that for one day two years ago and I had a lot of fun. Just the atmosphere alone leads to good times. The raves were super fun too!

And thanks! Yeah, I've never done portraits, so I really want to get into them!

Hey, I used to go to ACen all the time in High School. Stopped going around 2009. I went again 2 years ago, but I came with the wrong mindset and friends, and it kind of ruined my experience. This time I'm coming alone and I'm looking to make new friends.

Obviously, I like anime. I'm getting back into photography as well, so that might be something I'll be doing this next con!My flickr page if anyone's interested. For the moment, it's very boring and empty, but there's definitely gonna be more stuff added soon.

I like League of Legends and Hearthstone. Lot's of stuff. But yeah, looking to make new friends, possibly join a new group! So if anyone wants to talk or whatever, please feel free to message me!

Welcome back! I've been an ACen regular since 2012, and for the most part I go it alone, but I meet up with people when I get there. I travel to Chicagoland area from Boston.... and there's really no one among my Boston friends that're into anime / other J-Culture that want to spend the money and time traveling out of state. I usually book a hotel room, and gather people to room with me, and I gain con friends that way. I cannot wait for this coming year. May is going to be a busy month filled with fun. I'm gonna 'con-marathon'. Anime Central followed by Animazement in Raleigh, NC. I have friends in Asheville, NC, and I can fly from Chicago to there and then we'll roadtrip it to Raleigh from there. Should be fun.

Anyway, you can feel free to hit me up at the con if you wanna do stuff. I like meeting new people. Same goes for you too Washu. ;)

Welcome back! I've been an ACen regular since 2012, and for the most part I go it alone, but I meet up with people when I get there. I travel to Chicagoland area from Boston.... and there's really no one among my Boston friends that're into anime / other J-Culture that want to spend the money and time traveling out of state. I usually book a hotel room, and gather people to room with me, and I gain con friends that way. I cannot wait for this coming year. May is going to be a busy month filled with fun. I'm gonna 'con-marathon'. Anime Central followed by Animazement in Raleigh, NC. I have friends in Asheville, NC, and I can fly from Chicago to there and then we'll roadtrip it to Raleigh from there. Should be fun.

Anyway, you can feel free to hit me up at the con if you wanna do stuff. I like meeting new people. Same goes for you too Washu. ;)/>

What about Anime Boston? The one time my wife and her sister went they had nothing but praise for that con.

What about Anime Boston? The one time my wife and her sister went they had nothing but praise for that con.

Haha sorry for not seeing this post sooner. Yes. I attend Anime Boston as well. From 2009-present. My point was that no one that I know that goes to AB comes with me to ACen... usually due to money and AB is their only con. I should really only do 1-2 a year, but I need to get away from the hell that is my job in retail, and going out of state helps that tremendously. :)

Haha sorry for not seeing this post sooner. Yes. I attend Anime Boston as well. From 2009-present. My point was that no one that I know that goes to AB comes with me to ACen... usually due to money and AB is their only con. I should really only do 1-2 a year, but I need to get away from the hell that is my job in retail, and going out of state helps that tremendously. :)/>

Understood. Like I said in another thread, NYC is finally having an anime con after ReedPOP killed off NY Anime Fest in Times Square. The problem is going to be getting the hotel for people travelling from other parts of the country.

Understood. Like I said in another thread, NYC is finally having an anime con after ReedPOP killed off NY Anime Fest in Times Square. The problem is going to be getting the hotel for people travelling from other parts of the country.

Yep Libery City Anime Con right? I really wanna go... but it falls literally right after Otakon.. >_> <_< I'll see.

Yep Libery City Anime Con right? I really wanna go... but it falls literally right after Otakon.. >_> <_</> I'll see.

My wife and I were originally planning on Otakon but learned about Liberty City a couple months ago. I've scheduled two vacation days around it just so I can be there.