Anime Central Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lust_Valentine

Hello Hello Hello

I have been going to ACen off and on for the past 8 years, more regularly over the last 4 as I am a "full fledged adult" with a job and everything! I have never been one for forums in the past, but I love the ACen and broader Anime/Manga/Japanese anything/Video game and though I would start trying to meet new people here. Since you know, with that whole adult thing, its a bit harder to make friends that aren't coworkers or a bum at a bar.

I love to cosplay and tend to try my hardest to make them myself, though they are less than perfect, I wear them with pride, as everyone should!

I am looking forward to another great ACen next weekend, and will finally be able to make it Thursday evening so I plan on attending the Meet and Greet as well! See you all in Rosemont!

Welcome!

Since you know, with that whole adult thing, its a bit harder to make friends that aren't coworkers or a bum at a bar.

I've found it helpful to become look for groups in places such as...

* Meetup.com. You can become a member for free, though if you want to start your own group, you'll need to pay. You can search the site by interest, or just look for activities within a few miles of where you live.

* Facebook.

* Local libraries and bookstores.

* Your place of worship (if applicable).

Start by attending one or two groups. Be polite and willing to contribute.