Anime Central Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KungPowKirby

Forum M&G after party - a discussion.

11 members have voted

1. 1. Your opinion on where we should have the after party?

• The Red Bar! Appetizers and Pop sounds great!
    • A hotel room! I'll help pitch in towards the cost!
    • Other! (I'll PM you)

Hey guys! So I need some feedback to make a tough decision.

Last year I hosted an after party for the forum meet and greet - and it went awesome! This year I have been planning the same. However I was planning on just getting my own separate room since we don't have a suite this year. Due to some unexpected finical issues - I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to float the cash for the room.... so yeah... :(/>

So my question is - if I keep the room and do the after party that way would people be willing to chip in towards the costs like last year? I was planning on getting food again (not sure what) and ask people to bring games etc. The cost for food and room would probably be about $350 as I can't get the room at con rates. I'd probably need to get at least $150 to budget it out. (So if 15 people came that'd be about $10 each) The alternative is to do it somewhere like Red Bar or the other Hyatt restaurant (Capital Grill?) and have it be less formal. I would take the money I have from the budget to buy some appetizers and pop for the group. we could probably still bring games and such. I was planning on just doing the 21+ at Red Bar anyway because we don't have access to a suite - and to avoid the issues of last year.

Anyways! Leave your feedback -I'll put up a poll. I'll have to make the decision by next Friday. After all the fun we had last year - I'd hate to cancel it. If you have a different idea on where please feel free to PM me too!

Edited by KungPowKirby

This'll be my first year staying at the con hotel myself, so I'd love to finally meet everybody, and a 21+ setting at the bar sounds like a good idea. Only thing is you'd need to let them know ahead of time a section off an area for at least like...20-30 people? (You'd probably have a better idea of the numbers than me since I've never been). Not that it'd be exclusive at all, just so that there's a big enough area and you don't have to spread everyone out and possibly end up excluding people on accident.

-JUNK-   

Bar hopping at the MB Financial Park?

I would agree with Prayer Police, it would also not cost you anything besides what you order for yourself if you are having financial problems.

-Super Simple

-No Money Handling

-No Problems

-No Shutdowns

:thumbup:

Edited by -JUNK-

Bar hopping at the MB Financial Park?

This is the best option really. Start at Kings or something and travel around in a group. Doesn't cost you anything and gives people plenty of options. Can always end at the Hyatt bar.

This isn't for the 21+ - this is for the after party. Bar hopping is fine for the 21+ but kinda defeats the purpose of the after party as its all ages. Plus king's is 21+ at like 8 or something - and they pretty much ignored me the whole time when the 21+ was there - which leaves me with a bitter taste in my mouth.

I think we are going to do Red Bar for the after ages - after that (probably about 10ish anyone who wants to bar hop I'm game! :D/>

Edited by KungPowKirby

I would agree with Prayer Police, it would also not cost you anything besides what you order for yourself if you are having financial problems.

-Super Simple

-No Money Handling

-No Problems

-No Shutdowns

:thumbup:/>

I'm not going to be broke by any means - I just don't have the money to front the room and food. *shrugs*

This'll be my first year staying at the con hotel myself, so I'd love to finally meet everybody, and a 21+ setting at the bar sounds like a good idea. Only thing is you'd need to let them know ahead of time a section off an area for at least like...20-30 people? (You'd probably have a better idea of the numbers than me since I've never been). Not that it'd be exclusive at all, just so that there's a big enough area and you don't have to spread everyone out and possibly end up excluding people on accident.

That'd be most of the bar. XD I'll probably call them and see if they can find us room for about 15-20 (I dont think more than that will come to this. I'm not advertising it highly. If it does - well ... oh well - I'll feel bad but theres not much I can do. lol)

Edited by KungPowKirby

With the final talley in we will be doing the after party at the red bar at 8pm or after the meet and greet. Hope to see you all there! Mod please lock this topic! Thanks!!

With the final talley in we will be doing the after party at the red bar at 8pm or after the meet and greet. Hope to see you all there! Mod please lock this topic! Thanks!!

hope to see everyone there! after they close let's go to MB and keep the party going!