Anime Central Forums
Tokoz

A costume involving soutache?

Tokoz   

Mom and I are sort of antique stitch attachment nerds, and mom just won an amazing working Singer single thread embroidery foot (it's super rare). I desperately want to use it on a cosplay, but I can't think of anyone who has a costume with the sort of filigree/soutache designs the foot would be good for. Suggestions?

here's a video of the foot:

(about 1:27, then again at 4:42)

S1NN3R   

Nearly any Uniform cosplay. Instead of using multiple fabrics for a single piece, use the embroidery. Not only will the costume be unique, it will - in most cases - showcase higher quality.

Full Metal Alchemist Military, Trinity Blood (nearly everything/everyone in it), Tegami Bachi: Letter Bee are the ones that pop in my head but there are countless out there.

Even if a charicter doesn't have a design you like, spin a new version out. Nothing wrong with being one of a kind :thumbup:

Tokoz   

Hmm, uniforms. That's a really good idea! And, wow, trinity blood looks great for this -- the sort of detailed ornate outfits that little looping details would fit into easily. Thanks!

you could do any of the Disney princesses too. I've seen some beautiful versions of belle and snow white with a filigree/floral design across the bodice and hem of the dress and things like that. just another thought :D