Anime Central Forums
Sign in to follow this  
highspot

First Time at ACen

highspot   

Hello! My name is Chris and even though this is my first time attending ACen, it's definitely not my first con. I live in Texas so I've been to quite a few cons in the state and even made it to Anime Expo in California one year. I haven't been to a con in quite a few years though.

The main reason I'm going to ACen is for Scandal! When I found out they'll be playing and that Babymetal will be playing in Chicago the night before, I knew I had to go. I'm a pretty big fan of both groups and this seems like a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see them both in back-to-back nights. I saw Babymetal last year in Los Angeles and was going to skip the Chicago show until I found out about ACen and Scandal.

I used to cosplay a lot at cons (you can find my profile on cosplay.com with the user name "highspot" for a few of my costumes) but I won't be making anything for ACen. I've been accepted to go to school in Japan in the fall so I need to save as much money as possible, and my normal costume budget doesn't fit into that equation. Still, I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else does!

Even though my main reasons for going to ACen are the concerts, I'm really looking forward to the convention itself! I've made a lot of good memories and friends at cons over the years.

Fantasia   

Schooling in Japan that's freaking awesome, dude! I would love to experience living there even if its for a short time.

Welcome to the forums, and welcome to Anime Central! This con is BIG in every aspect, so get ready to have lots to do.

Edited by Fantasia