Anime Central Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Twifairy

Nowhere to keep my phone

Twifairy   

Yo, me again with my Cinder Fall cosplay. You can find Cinder's dress here. Yes, the red dress, and yes that's Jessica Nigri.

Anyway, I just got the red part of the dress sewn together for me, and it was obviously very short, but I also realized my fabric was extremely thin, and everthing showed through itt in terms of seams. I don't have anywhere to put my stuff. Again. Now usually, my dad goes to the con with me, but running back and forth is difficult enough, so I usually end up throwing my camera on the ground for pictures, along with the Starbucks I usually buy mid-con.

But now I also have a phone to carry around, with a bigger cosplay group and people I plan on meeting. I also have updates on various events and gatherings going on.

Where should I keep my stuff?

I was thinking "hey, I'll just strap it to my leg or something" and that didn't work, sooooo

It's just generally difficult to find an in-character thing to carry it in as well.

I'd go with carrying a regular black purse. You could get one specifically meant to be paired with dresses since prom season is coming up. Try Claire's or Icing.

I honestly don't believe people carrying their bags around "ruins" a cosplay or photo. We're all human and have stuff we HAVE to have on our person if we don't want to make multiple trips to the car/hotel. I always have an anime messenger bag on me, and simply use my arm to push it to my back or set it aside for pictures.

A small purse you can easily drop behind your feet for photos is great! Or one of those wristlet clutch ones. Otherwise the only other thing I can think of would be to put your phone in your bra, which would work, but it might show in photos.

Twifairy   

A small purse you can easily drop behind your feet for photos is great! Or one of those wristlet clutch ones. Otherwise the only other thing I can think of would be to put your phone in your bra, which would work, but it might show in photos.

Putting stuff in my bra won't work, my camera and phone are too big XD

The wrist clutch may be a good idea. My issue is that both my camera and my phone are very large because I like to have both. I may need to sacrifice the camera until an actual shoot...

A small black purse is a great idea! You could even grab some red fabric paint (super cheap at Joanns) and paint her symbol on it.

Oh hey, you're gonna be Yang! Can't wait to see you there. It would be pretty cool to paint her insignia on it with the gold shiny paint I'm getting for the Dust in her dress, that's very smart.

I'd go with carrying a regular black purse. You could get one specifically meant to be paired with dresses since prom season is coming up. Try Claire's or Icing.

I honestly don't believe people carrying their bags around "ruins" a cosplay or photo. We're all human and have stuff we HAVE to have on our person if we don't want to make multiple trips to the car/hotel. I always have an anime messenger bag on me, and simply use my arm to push it to my back or set it aside for pictures.

I totally forgot about those purses going on sale soon... I'll try, but sadly phone manufacturers have decided bigger is better, and case makers have thought the same...

Another thing you can try is if you can't find a purse that will fit both items, make one yourself out of scrap fabric left over from your costume. A long piece works well, then adjust the width till it will fit what you want in it. Then, fold it in half, sew up the outer edges, then bend back the top edges and sew them to leave a place to put a draw string. Flip it inside out, thread cord through the drawstring tunnel, and voila! You can even decorate it, by sewing/painting the characters symbol on it, or adding trim or w/e to it :3

Edited by Mecha_Shadow

Rori   

I agree, you may have to look into making a bag from scrap fabric. I've used this pattern in the past for drawstring kinchaku in various sizes, just use a larger piece of fabric for a larger bag.