Anime Central Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nova417

Hallo Hallo!

Nova417   

So, this is indefinitely my first time on these forums, if it isn't noticeable enough already- This is also my first time/year planning on attending ACen too! ; ; I'll be attending with my Kaito from GA and my cousin, who's the one who invited me to come with her this year. I'm really apprehensive about attending, since it's such a large con and all, but my cousin assures me everyone is usually pretty chill and that the convention is great in general! I'm just sort of shy at first glance, but I warm up to people easily. ; ;

I hope to get involved in this community soon or one day!

C2Queen   

Welcome to the forums! Don't be nervous about the size of the con. It sounds crazy but really the convention area itself is big so everyone is spread around a lot. I was really nervous too back when I first attended many years ago but as soon as I had a little time to hang around at it I fell in love with it. Now it feels like I'm right at home that I absolutely can't wait for it to come around every year. There are a lot of great people to meet and don't worry, there are plenty of shy people who attend just like you. All of us are there to have a good time, forget our worries and embrace our hobbies, so don't let yourself be too nervous. Just focus on having fun and making it a memorable con.

I'm one of the forums moderators and also one the conventions mascot artists. It's a pleasure meet you. If you have any questions at all about anything please don't be afraid to ask!

Nova417   

Welcome to the forums! Don't be nervous about the size of the con. It sounds crazy but really the convention area itself is big so everyone is spread around a lot. I was really nervous too back when I first attended many years ago but as soon as I had a little time to hang around at it I fell in love with it. Now it feels like I'm right at home that I absolutely can't wait for it to come around every year. There are a lot of great people to meet and don't worry, there are plenty of shy people who attend just like you. All of us are there to have a good time, forget our worries and embrace our hobbies, so don't let yourself be too nervous. Just focus on having fun and making it a memorable con.

I'm one of the forums moderators and also one the conventions mascot artists. It's a pleasure meet you. If you have any questions at all about anything please don't be afraid to ask!

Ah, thank you thank you! I'm glad to hear that the size grows on one then... I know my cousin says she really enjoys attending every year, and since I've been to a few yearly cons, I'm hoping to add this one to this list as well. I really will try my best to get the best experience possible this year too, so thank you (again)! ; // ;

It's nice to meet you as well! I will also be sure to keep you in mind if I have any questions, later on!

Fantasia   

Welcome to the forums! It's normal to feel a bit intimidated by such a large con. But like C2Queen and probably others will say, people are chill and the size of the con will become quite comfortable.

Don't be afraid to ask questions! We who are experienced with ACen are happy to help out a newbie! We were once newbies too so we get how ya feel~

I know you will have a blast!

Welcome!! I agree with the above posts. The con is pretty big, but people are extremely laid back for the most part. It's a very comfy and inviting experience despite its enormity. This will be my....fifth ACen (jeez...), and I keep coming back because it's one of the most relaxing weekends I can imagine. You'll have a wonderful time. Enjoy!

-Taka!

Youmi   

welcome!! last year was my first convention ever, I had NO idea exactly what I was getting into (after deciding to go last minute and scrambling together my first attempt at cosplay) and I had a great time. I'm kind of not particularly outgoing, so thought I'd get more overwhelmed than I did with SO MANY people, but it was all good. everyone I talked to was cool. It's all so fun, and I've been looking forward to this year all year .. especially because I will know where more things are now, lol >_>

Nova417   

Ah, everyone is so kind already. ; ; Danke everyone! I really appreciate the welcoming and kind words. I am awfully excited to start off my first big convention with ACen as well! My cousin has assured me I won't regret it, so I'm really looking forward to everything! ^_^

Welcome!

This will be my 3rd year at ACen. I love it so much I keep coming back XD

I think you'll have a lot of fun, it's easygoing for the most part and everyone is really nice. The size really isn't all that bad, you'll probably have so much fun you won't notice it all that much :3