Anime Central Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Washu Takahashi

Binding under a spandex top?

Hi everyone! This isn't my first time crossplaying, but it's my first time bothering to do something about my boobs.

So I don't have big boobs or anything (I call them barely B's...) but the problem is I'll be wearing a spandex top that would cut off just under my boobs.

I've been looking around, and most help on this topic is for girls cosplaying as busty characters @.@ So basically, what's the best way to hide my boobs without showing them through the spandex? I'm not looking for full compression here or anything, but I've got enough boob that just hiding my nipples with pasties probably isn't going to be enough. Using a sports bra might work, but I'm worried it'd show through? (Haven't actually completed the cosplay to the point where I could test that theory)

Edited by Washu Takahashi

railas   

Hi everyone! This isn't my first time crossplaying, but it's my first time bothering to do something about my boobs.

So I don't have big boobs or anything (I call them barely B's...) but the problem is I'll be wearing a spandex top that would cut off just under my boobs. Reference

I've been looking around, and most help on this topic is for girls cosplaying as busty characters @.@ So basically, what's the best way to hide my boobs without showing them through the spandex? I'm not looking for full compression here or anything, but I've got enough boob that just hiding my nipples with pasties probably isn't going to be enough. Using a sports bra might work, but I'm worried it'd show through? (Haven't actually completed the cosplay to the point where I could test that theory)

You could always go with ace wrap, just don't make it too tight, otherwise my first suggestion would have been sports bra like you mentioned.

vicemage   

Oh, please, please, don't use an Ace wrap. You can cause some pretty major physical damage using them (I'm talking cracked and bruised ribs), suffer breathing problems, all kinds of terrible things.

The best option is to buy a purpose-made binder, designed for FtM transvestites to wear. I have one from T-Kingdom, which is quite comfortable and fits well (I'm not a tiny Asian-size thing, much as I would love to be, but the larger sizes do fit larger bodies well). I have a couple purchased from eBay as well, but if you go that route, be sure to check your sizing well, as one of the two I have won't fit at all, and the other is difficult to impossible. Check around for other FtM resources as well; there's definitely some much better options that are definitely affordable, and won't do the damage to your body that an ace wrap can do.

If you're just concerned about nipples peeking through, though, and not about getting flattened out, a sports bra or sports bra + pasties (or even two sports bras) would certainly do the trick, and again without threat of injury.

Agatha   

I'm not sure quite what kind of top you're describing (I'm bad at visualizing), but I'm getting the impression that it's kind of short, and that's the trouble? If that's the case, sports/medical tape is another way to go, if a binder or sports bra would be too long. Basically, move everything up/to the sides and tape it down. With a smaller chest, you can get away with not very much tape, and you can position it such that it won't be seen. You may wish to protect your nipples with something. Do test the tape on some other part of your skin beforehand to make sure you don't have any allergies.

If the issue is that the neckline is low, the same thing applies - look up a tutorial on open chest binding.

Hope that helped!