Anime Central Forums
KungPowKirby

Annual (All Ages) Forum Meet and Greet and After Party 2015 edition!

4ce941de-9020-4038-bae6-86817a3f9456_zpsd9b27c52.jpg074ddc87-76c7-4cf1-b3d2-f00f53fe3c13_zps459827d3.jpg42036716-e082-4ba1-99db-d3a6582b85d4.jpg04eb24b4-d50b-4fea-847b-3f3e2b734bee.jpge16baa34-d7c2-436c-81ec-0b7de7e83bb8_zpsf6f4dfa1.jpg

Hello All! So it's that time of year where we start looking at doing the forum meet and greet!

So this year we will be doing the normal lobby meet up on Thursday and like last year having an "after party" for those who want to hang out afterwards. This years will be different though - more details to come! Just plan on being there!!! (For those looking for information about the 21+, nothing has been decided or highly discussed yet, I'll let people know what's going on when I know something)

******Forum Meet and Greet****

When:Thursday, May 14,2015 7:00pm

Where:Hyatt Regency O'Hare - First Floor by the "Grand Ball Room" (Map below will be updated - this is an old one - but for reference its location 2)

What is it? Its an event run every year that gives everyone on the forums an opportunity to Meet one another, hang out, and talk for a bit. This is an all ages event that everyone, even first year attendees to the con, can feel welcome at. Want to Meet that Otaku who loves One Piece just as much as you, but not sure you'll find them at the con? This is just for these kinds of situations. Also, you can make new friends, put faces to names (maybe even learn their real ones!) - and just have a great time!

****After Party!****

When: Thursday, May 15,2015 8:00pm or directly after the forum meet and greet. (Whichever comes first)

Where: Red Bar at the Hyatt!!

What is it? A place for everyone to play some games, have some fun and laugh's and get to know eachother! More details to come!!!

hyattmap.png

Edited by KungPowKirby

Hmm in my 3 years attending ACen so far I've not been able to make this event. This year though I'll try. I might bring my friends too. It'll all depend on when we arrive though... We're coming from Boston and Baltimore areas respectively.

2n31   

Yay! So glad that there's this kind of event. It really helps people make more/new friends. You can honestly meet some great people at cons. Thanks for making this!

Yay! So glad that there's this kind of event. It really helps people make more/new friends. You can honestly meet some great people at cons. Thanks for making this!

Your welcome! Hope to see you there!

Fantasia   

Do you live in the Chicago area??

yes of course. getting there is easy. i just feel that once I am there, I should just stay there ya know? The room I am staying at doesn't have Thursday check-in. I was gonna go Thursday to for badge pick-up. And I can't be getting home too late regardless (still not independent).

yes of course. getting there is easy. i just feel that once I am there, I should just stay there ya know? The room I am staying at doesn't have Thursday check-in. I was gonna go Thursday to for badge pick-up. And I can't be getting home too late regardless (still not independent).

Aww I see! Well you should try to stop by and say Hi atleast. T_T

Last year, I attended the meet-and-greet, and it was enjoyable. This year, I might schedule my board game group on the Thursday evening before ACen. Tough choice. I have several weeks to think about this...

MOMO2   

I just crash in the car =)

MKSharun   

Interesting. This is my first time going to ACen, so I might drop in, sounds like a great thing...either this or pick up stubhub tix for BM. Ahhhhhh its hard for me to decide >.<

Interesting. This is my first time going to ACen, so I might drop in, sounds like a great thing...either this or pick up stubhub tix for BM. Ahhhhhh its hard for me to decide >.<

You should come! :D

This sounds like fun. I will try to go, and bring some friends too. Yessssss.

Yay definately! The more the merrier!