Anime Central Forums
eat_me_for_I_am_peeps

Worst Anime You Have ever seen?

It's hard to name the worst anime I've ever seen because it would have to be so bad that my brain suppressed all memories of it completely.

For the sake of contributing to the thread... of the DVD's that I own, I have never been able to fully get into the Persona: The Animation episodes. Nothing about it grabs me. I'm only familiar with the Persona fighting games, so maybe that's it.

What do you Persona 4 fans think of the anime? Is it good, bad, great, meh, etc.?

Edited by Brian_FTP

"Serial Experiments Lain". Easily. It's like all the pretentiousness of the Matrix trilogy and none of the kung fu or action.

I brought it to ACen for two years trying to give it away...and nobody wanted it. Finally it went into the garbage.

On Wednesday, January 17, 2018 at 11:22 PM, Piccolo Sky said:

"Serial Experiments Lain". Easily. It's like all the pretentiousness of the Matrix trilogy and none of the kung fu or action.

I brought it to ACen for two years trying to give it away...and nobody wanted it. Finally it went into the garbage.

Damn, I would've happily taken it. 

What I have in mind as the worst anime I have ever seen is probably a Pokemon episode "A Double Dilemma" and this is what's going to let my hatred for this episode out!

This is pretty much a review
Don't get me wrong, I love Pokemon both the anime and games, but I have to admit that episode, even as a kid when it came out, was the worst episode I've ever seen of the series, period!
The townspeople who are suppose fans are beyond dislikable, as dislikable level as you'd expect from characters like Angelica Pickles from Rugrats and DW from Arthur. Not only do they treat May, a young and inexperienced trainer still learning, like a celebrity, but the way they treated Ash throughout this episode was horrendous. The way they hate him and say he's not worthy to challenge Norman comes out of nowhere, makes no sense, and is not at all fun to watch at all. They accuse him of being a rude trainer for what? Wanting to challenge Norman? Ash has not done anything wrong at all in this episode and watching him get tormented like that is hard to watch. The most infuriating part is how they make up this joke of a battle between May and Ash and boo and hiss at Ash even though he is playing fair. In fact, this isn't even a proper battle, it's just a group of Pokemon KKK members manipulating May into bullying Ash, but the straw that really breaks the namel's back is when May uses her Torchic to burn Ash, and she gets rewarded and praised for it! Misty would never have done that when she was traveling with Ash, but for some reason and shockingly, May is happy about what she did! Then the ending really crosses the line after Ash defeats Team Rocket, who were impersonating their idols by signing fake autographs for money, they still ridicule him by saying" Not you we were only praising your Pikachu, I'd see Pikachu going against Norman and not that little crap we've been bullying and harassing for no reason". Seriously though, where the hell was Officer Jenny when this was all happening? Is she ok with this? Where were the writer's brains when this happened? The target audience would grow to like Ash since he's the main protagonist, so they need to understand that the last thing they want is to be beaten down by the world like that.

Of all the 1000 something episodes of Pokemon throughout it's long lifespan, "A Double Dilemma" is perhaps the WORST Pokemon episode I've ever seen! It's literally flat out senseless, unnecessarily mean-spirited, and is just unpleasant to watch. The behavior of the Norman fanbase is just a perfect reflection of fanboyism, and fanboys are not at all pleasant people, and this episode portrays them in a way that is infuriating and disgusting (That's why people hate the Sonic the Hedgehog fanbase), especially as one-time characters we are never meant to see them again when they are constantly ridiculing and harassing a 10-year old kid who hasn't done anything wrong, they're constantly being mean and horrible to him. They get no consequences for what they did to Ash, and their behavior goes against Pokemon morals of battling and friendships, if anything, it is encouraging Pokemon hate and bullying. Where the hell am I supposed to like these characters? The fact that 4Kids never took thought onto dubbing this only shows that they don't care about what they are dubbing, because they only care about "Americanizing" cartoons from Japan. All in all, there are some bad anime I've seen such as Nadia: The motion picture, Boku no Piku and the 4Kids version of One Peace, of all the anime I've seen, the Pokemon episode A Double Dilemma is probably one of the worst pieces of anime I've ever seen.