Anime Central Forums
eat_me_for_I_am_peeps

Worst Anime You Have ever seen?

Strike Witches. By far, it is Strike Witches. I don't know about you guys, but not only do I not appreciate overly details panty shots every 5 minutes, a possibly good story brutally murdered and turned into a horrible story, stupidly bad filler episodes, and not to mention the sexualization of little girls -3- I am only watching it to know what I am talking about for a hopefully approved panel of mine.

God it is so bad.

Anyone else wanna share their thoughts?

Generally speaking, if I don't like a series, I will drop it and never look back. One example: Samurai Flamenco. I enjoyed the first few episodes, but I wasn't sure if I liked some plot decisions around the middle point. Then the series took a sharp right turn into a completely unrelated genre...

Some years ago, I was more willing to invest time and money into a series. I bought the Escaflowne TV box set on VHS based on how much I enjoyed the first few episodes. These days, I want to get outside more. Time seems much more limited these days, and I don't want to use spare hours sitting around.

Also, I have more demand on my money. There are a couple of nice limited editions that I've been tempted to purchase. But buying rare or exclusive things isn't all that interesting any longer. For instance, I'd consider getting Kill la Kill episodes on iTunes for $2 each, but I don't currently think the individual DVDs are worth $30 or more for just four episodes.

Having said all that... I still regret purchasing the first Final Fantasy: Legend of the Crystals videotape back around 1998. The characters seemed either boring or irritating. The story was only vaguely connected to FF5, which didn't have much of a story. And I didn't even like the trailers at the beginning of the tape.

I basically can't stand any anime that's just "for the lolz" with like, negative plot. Excel Saga, Bobobo, and I'm sure others that just aren't coming to mind right now...watched 2 or 3 episodes and never went back.

S1NN3R   

I basically can't stand any anime that's just "for the lolz" with like, negative plot. Excel Saga, Bobobo, and I'm sure others that just aren't coming to mind right now...watched 2 or 3 episodes and never went back.

Looking at my dropped list on MAL, I tend to agree. Also in there for me, Green Green, Shin chan and Happy lesson

Looking at my dropped list on MAL, I tend to agree. Also in there for me, Green Green, Shin chan and Happy lesson

Wow, Shin Chan? Really? By all the ones mentioned, I find this one the most surprising. I know its pretty dumb and has no story, but idk I find it kinda cute and silly in a way.

But I'm sure there is someone out there that would say Strike Witches is the best thing ever XD Glad this thread is going so well! :D

Apocalypse Zero. It has been a long time since I watched it. I remember everything about it being awful. I'd dig up a review that I wrote for it, but that was over ten years and a couple of computers ago. :thumbdown:

kahad   

Apocalypse Zero. It has been a long time since I watched it. I remember everything about it being awful. I'd dig up a review that I wrote for it, but that was over ten years and a couple of computers ago. :thumbdown:/>

I remember watching Apocalypse Zero at SIU's anime club years ago. It was the last meeting of the semester - a day we set aside for any strange and/or terrible animes the leader could find. I decided to go to the club that night instead of studying for the calculus II final.

Should have stuck with studying for the final.

I remember watching Apocalypse Zero at SIU's anime club years ago. It was the last meeting of the semester - a day we set aside for any strange and/or terrible animes the leader could find. I decided to go to the club that night instead of studying for the calculus II final.

Should have stuck with studying for the final.

I'm really starting to regret Googling some of these animes...

No I am not, adding it to my own personal list though! Haha and I wouldn't say wrong panel as much as it is a wrong anime

Well, you can't say that you weren't warned. :rolleyes:

Harmageddon: the anime so bad it helped name my panel.

Came to your panel last year, definitely the best one we went to all weekend - can't wait to see you guys again XD

Edited by UltraViolet

woozle   

Definitely "I'm Gonna Be An Angel". It's not that the show itself was bad, but the japanese AND english voices were just....so bad. I couldn't get past one episode. I quickly sold it to my local Disc Replay.

Agatha   

Popotan. Just, Popotan. We were trawling Netflix for new anime and thought, eh, maybe that will be interesting, and it's just... weird. I don't understand how it's a thing. I don't know if I want to understand how it's a thing.

Popotan.