Anime Central Forums
Twifairy

Anime you hate that everyone else loves?

Twifairy   

Have you ever seen an anime that everyone else loves but you can't stand?

What about one everyone hates that you love?

---

Personally, while everyone loves it, I hated Fairy Tail.

First episode had no clear plot, characters had a motivation that was resolved in about two minutes, and I jsut plain didn't like the characters. What they used as comedy was never funny to me (like the whole "Luigi" thing, havent they known each other for a while?)

Also, there were quite a few tropes used that just destroyed watching for the plot, if you ask me.

I didn't watch past episode three or four.

And while a lot of people seemed to dislike it, I actualy realy liked Kuroshitsuji II, I thought the plot was interesting and original, and it stayed true to the original story's theme while changing the plot.

Edited by Twifairy

There aren't really any anime series I can despise that other people love but I've never really liked Bleach. Maybe it's because I never got into it, but it seems like all they do in it is fight things.

Something I love that everyone else hates might be Persona 4 the Animation. I really enjoy it because I played the games but the animation is really bad and could look like kid scribbles at one point.

Twifairy, you should really retry Fairy Tail. Yes, the first few episodes are a bust but it gets a whole lot better.

Edited by shizuka-kun

Neon Genesis Evangelion.

screw that show, it's so bad. The End of Evangelion? That's damn sweet, and so are the rebuild movies. But that's because I get to spend less time with the show, have better animation and they weren't beset by 10 years of over the top hype.

manga1   

I hated needless, oran host club, and panty and stocking, and this is a zombie.

oh and I did not like deadman wonderland it is sick, oh and rainbow days or something like that it was called, they put these troublemaker boys basicly in a concentration camp type of place and they are tortured and abused and the commandant of it is supplying this sick pedophile doctor that is the head of medical care with young men, it is worse then hentai. and panty and stocking is irreverant hard to understand and filthy, and I thought the animation looked like flcl crossed with ren and stimpy mixed with super milkchan show. Pee ueeewwwww. :thumbdown:

Twifairy   

There aren't really any anime series I can despise that other people love but I've never really liked Bleach. Maybe it's because I never got into it, but it seems like all they do in it is fight things.

Something I love that everyone else hates might be Persona 4 the Animation. I really enjoy it because I played the games but the animation is really bad and could look like kid scribbles at one point.

Twifairy, you should really retry Fairy Tail. Yes, the first few episodes are a bust but it gets a whole lot better.

It's not ust the first few episodes, but the overall concept and writing that I don't like, it's just not my thing.

I didn't like Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka? either, the first episode was ddisturbing.

Ouran is actually one of my favorites, though, what made you dislike it?

Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon.

Yes, blasphemy, I know, but I firmly believe the reason it got so much popularity was due to the original anime series which turned it into a variation on the Zentai Ranger format and gave them lots of entertaining villains of the week. By comparison, I read the manga, and I didn't even think I really ever read five sagas. I read the same saga four times (Usagi starts out a ditz, an evil organization is introduced, a mysterious ally appears, she wonders if the ally is with her or against her, the ally or other allies get used by the enemies, everyone dies, the world gets destroyed, Usagi gets a kiss from Mamoru because he always manages to motivate her when the deaths of thousands including her friends don't, Usagi gets some new magic MacGuffin that looks like something from the toy aisle at Walgreens then hits the Cosmic Reset button, we're back where we started) followed by an "everyone dies" saga. It was the same thing over and over, and every time a new character got introduced the only purpose for any other character became "get killed so Usagi can feel bad even though she's brought you back from the dead, like, twice already".

Not to mention the fact that the manga is, in all honesty, more a romance than an action adventure. There are a LOT of scenes devoted to nothing more than cuddling.  And even THAT'S awkward since Usagi is romantically attracted to pretty much every man and woman in the entire series.

The only thing I found strangely fascinating about it is the entire thing is a metaphor for the Book of Revelation from the Bible. But I never really saw Lord Jesus as a pansexual bishonen teenager.

Edited by Piccolo Sky