Anime Central Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Twifairy

3D Maneuver Gear (Machinery, blades, etc.)

Twifairy   

I have NEVER made a cosplay prop in my life

Do you think it would be too difficult for me to make these?

http://cosplayruinedmylife.tumblr.com/post/53624044593/basic-craft-foam-attack-on-titan-3dmg-blade

My dad might help if I ask, since he's done a lot of model kits of planes, ships and such, and I'm once again not experienced in building anything at all, so I'd have no idea how to tell you what his skill level is (he's pretty good at building models though).

Also does anyone know how to attach the blades to me so I don't have to use too much effort drag it around all through the con?

Thanks!

EDIT: I didn't think about the costs of making the 3DMG, and decided against it. It's too expensive when I combine the costs with my costume costs

Edited by Twifairy

If you want to make the ENTIRE set of 3D Maneuver Gear, it would take a lot of time. You'd need to study a lot of screenshots and look up references on how it's formed. I would suggest just staying with harnesses around the body if you don't think you'd be able to make it.

Edited by shizuka-kun

I saw some AWESOME 3D Maneuver gear that was made entirely from cardboard at ACen. It looked really cool and they got a lot of their effects/reality from the painting they had done on it. It was very, very cool.

railas   

I saw some AWESOME 3D Maneuver gear that was made entirely from cardboard at ACen. It looked really cool and they got a lot of their effects/reality from the painting they had done on it. It was very, very cool.

Do you happen to have a pic?

Do you happen to have a pic?

The person who took the photo was a friend of mine. I can ask him to text me the photo/email it to me and maybe I can post it here or something. He took the photo, I asked what they made it out of and most of it was cardboard they said. Whats nice about cardboard too is that it can be pretty light.