Anime Central Forums
mastermind_ninja

What Series keep you on the edge...

Recently I've seen Future Diary which was really good. Some of the things that happen were predictable but a lot of it left me like this --> O_o I want something that well leave me with my jaw on the floor, something that will have me on the edge of my seat. Does somebody have any suggestions? It doesn’t have to be scary, just something that has that wow factor after a plot twist happens.

Yeah I'd have to go with Code Geass as well. Every single episode seemed to end on a cliffhanger or a twist and you just HAD to see the next episode

If you're looking for plot twists, I definitely recommend Shingeki no Kyojin or Durarara!! You'll have to get a few episodes in, but after that it's full of surprises and action.

I wouldn't say Angel Beats kept me on edge but it went in a direction I wasn't expecting and ripped my heart out.

However Neon Genesis Evangelion had me from episode one and with each episode I wanted to know more.

I know this might not be the answer you're expecting, but for me right now it's Sailor Moon Crystal. Since it's a total redo of the series directly from the manga, and since I've not read the manga extensively, though I've seen the original anime, each episode of Crystal for me is an exasperating ride for me, since its pace it much faster since there there isn't any filler (which some say helped develop characters more, but yeah...) and the cliffhangers are what do it for me.... If anyone's seen the most current ep you'll know what I mean.

Edited by Shiggitay