Anime Central Forums
Sign in to follow this  
OhSoChibi

Coloring Eyebrows

So what's your choice of tactic when it comes to coloring your eyebrows for cosplay? Which stays better? Or looks better? I just want to be open on tactics that will work best. I have dark eyebrows so >.>

sooljim   

I have a soft/cream-ish(?) white eye pencil that I use as a base on my eyebrows, and then I cover it in whatever color eye shadow I want; I usually apply the eye shadow with an angled brush. I think it looks more natural and is faster than the school glue/paint method, but that's just me. :)/>

Edited by sooljim

Shinju   

I have dark brown eyebrows too and I actually never make them lighter, even when wearing blonde/white wigs. Dark brows show up better from a distance, such as when on stage, and in pictures so I typically just fill in/touch up my eyebrows with either eyebrow shadow or regular eyeshadow. If you want to add more a blonde tone to your brows you could fill in your brows with a blonde/tan/gold eyebrow or eyeshadow. all you need is an eyebrow brush, preferably one with a brush on one end and an angle brush on the other. Hope that helps :)

Twifairy   

So what's your choice of tactic when it comes to coloring your eyebrows for cosplay? Which stays better? Or looks better? I just want to be open on tactics that will work best. I have dark eyebrows so >.>

Eyeliner pencil, eyeliner pencil, eyeliner pencil.

One trick to get good pigment is to conceal your brows. A common cosplay method is to flatten your brows with glue, put concealer or foundation over them, then use an eyeliner pencil/brow pencil (which are often the same thing), then soften it with a brush or smudger.

Eyeshadow also works in place of the pencil