Anime Central Forums
Rinzle

Contact Lense Question

Rinzle   

I have two pairs of the same lense dont remember which was opened first. they were ordered a couple of months apart. now they say they are only good for a year after opening but what if you have only used them once or twice and have kept really good care of them. Im trying to cut costs this year but if i have to order a new pair i have to order a new pair.

Akushou   

If they've been well hydrated and you haven't used them much, they might still be alright to wear. I've had a pair of contacts that have been lightly used for the past three years or so that haven't gone bad, but if you feel any sort of discomfort from wearing them that won't go away even with cleaning, you may want to invest in some new ones.

Lelo   

Personally, I'm wearing the same contacts this year as last year, but I got them pretty close to con. I agree with Akushou, keep them hydrated and retire them when they become uncomfortable. That's probably horrible advice and my optometrist would probably cringe and say to follow the rules, but I've found my own contacts to be surprisingly durable (like rescued-from-shriveling durable).