Anime Central Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MCP 3.3

A plea for cosplay suggestions!

MCP 3.3   

To start, I apologize if this is in the wrong place or forum, but it seemed to be the best fit. I also am not here to gloat, but I can honestly say, I am completely stumped. I have been going to ACen since 2003, and have cosplayed every year, and I love it. I enjoy it more than Halloween, or any other convention where I can cosplay, and I always try to do something big or special. The thing is, for all of those years, I was incredibly overweight, my maximum being in 2012 at 380 pounds. Even though I love to cosplay, I also don't like to look foolish or be made fun of, so I always would do cosplays appropriate for my body size and shape, or ones which I felt could hide my size. I've been known for my Super Mario cosplays, Dr. Eggman, Wario, and etc. plus sized characters. But last year I finally hit my breaking point with my weight, and was just absolutely disgusted with myself, and decided to do something about it. So, I met with a St. Louis weight loss coach, Charles D'Angelo, and over a year have totally changed myself physically, losing around 170 pounds. When I started he asked one of the reasons why I was doing it, and I said it was so I could be an even bigger nerd than before, and cosplay whatever I wanted, and not be limited by my size. Well, my problem is that now that I have achieved a size where just about anything is possible, I now have absolutely no idea what to pick. I thought it would be so simple, but instead I have opened a Pandora's box of possibilities. So I have included a link to a picture of myself, before and after, and if you have any suggestion whatsoever, I would be happy to consider it. If you think I look like someone or something, please say it, if it helps narrow it down for me, I think it might make this the best ACen for me ever, which would be one hell of a 10th personal ACen anniversary.

Before and After

Should be fixed

Edited by MCP 3.3

MCP 3.3   

Lol, I didn't think of that, but I am afraid my brother would physically harm me if I did that. It's his dream cosplay project for when he has money. I think that power armor would be kinda hard too. Thanks for the suggestion!

Ervyla   

Congrats!

You are a dead ringer for Jayne from Firefly. It's a bit on the less intricate side but, if you go for it, I suggest Jaynestown Jayne over the more recognizable but, overdone winter hat.

What are for favorite shows? You seem more partial to video games? I imagine you'd like to go all out. Perhaps Ganon? Or Marth? http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marth_(Fire_Emblem)

Jos   

Congrats on the weight loss! It will be amazing meeting you at the con, it's my first year ^_^/>! Also I don't know much about all characters in the animes so I wouldn't really be able to give suggestions on cosplay =p sry

Edited by Jos

MCP 3.3   

Wow, thanks for the suggestions everyone! Still thinking about it but this helps. I have one idea, but I'm kinda considering it my back up idea. I have yet to have an idea or suggestion that screams "THAT'S IT!" yet. I do tend to do more gaming cosplays, but I love anime, but I have a hard time keeping up with all the new stuff. I usually wait and get stuff on sale at cons or used at my local game stores.

@ Ervyla, you have no idea how flattering the suggestion for Marth was. Unfortunately my goatee hides stupid double chin that is genetic to the men in my family. All of my male relatives except for 2 have it, so sadly no bishonen hearthrob cosplay for me..... As for Ganon, I had considered doing WW Ganon, but I would have to find the right makeup. I did Hellboy one year and the makeup sucked because it was unusually hot for that con.