Anime Central Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DarkMimi

Borderlands

DarkMimi   

I just searched and did not see anything pertaining to Borderlands so I thought I'd go ahead and make a topic for it! Anyone even just a smidge familiar with games knows what the series is whether you've played it or just heard of it once or twice. You're a Vault Hunter come to the planet of Pandora to find the amazing treasure where X marks the spot. But first you have to survive the Psychos, Crimson Lance members, crazy bosses, and all sorts of odd enemies thrown at you to find it.

Borderlands 2 follows a slightly more complex plot and ties in with the first game, but no spoilers! If you've got any big spoilers to 1 or 2, make a spoiler box (if that's possible?) but otherwise I wanna know who else loves the series. I know I cannnot be the only one here on the forums who does :)

And there was an announcement during VGX (aka most boring 'award' show ever), that Telletale is partnering with Gearbox to have an episodic series!

Edited by DarkMimi

I really enjoyed Borderlands! It took me a few tries to defeat the last boss, but I was really proud when I did. I rarely ever play games like that so it was a new experience for me. I also got to play that game with a few friends. That was a new experience that I enjoyed because I don't do co-op play very often.

I'm glad you liked the games as well! :)

Also, nice to meet you. :D

The gameplay itself was good, but it got annoying when you had to get the Upgrade Packs to start finding better weapons. On top of that, most of the best gear was found by grinding and even then you might not even get the best stats for it. And at higher levels, playing co-op was almost necessary.

The writing was so crap at times; if you played the first game, you almost immediately knew who the Slab King was, who the Firehawk could have been, and on top of that, game developers have this nasty habit of taking memes and using them as jokes in place of original material. When there was original material, it was usually pretty funny, but Gearbox has shown with Duke Nukem Forever that they are behind the times on what is truly humorous. When I like the antagonist better than the previous protagonists, you might have done something wrong. I really liked Jack as a character; he was probably the most dimensional of them all. Just a shame I don't think anyone else reached his level of likeability.

And let's get this out of the way; when the head writer starts printing out tweets from rabid feminists and regrets making Lilith a damsel in this story (despite it making sense to some degree) I lose faith in future installments and content. I heard BL3 is planning on having a trigger warning; that's all you need to know.

Aside from my ranting, I enjoyed the hours I poured into it and would play it again. Though I'm probably not planning on getting any season two DLC, as Blizzard is finally on track to making Diablo 3 not terrible with Reaper of Souls, so that is going to be the focus of my loot plundering adventures come March.