Anime Central Forums
kitty wolf

Classic Anime

Dragon Ball! It's a mix of lighthearted comedy with action and adventure in every episode. A classic 80's anime.

Awww Dragon Ball :)

Funny I enjoy watching dragon ball more than DBZ.

Tokoz   

I'm in the mood to watch some classic anime.

Do you guys know any good ones I should watch?

Dirty Pair is one of my all-time favorites. :D Lupin III, City Hunter, and Ranma 1/2 are also favorites with my friends.

MOMO2   

Now and Then Here and There, Tenchi Muyu, Escaflowne, Serial Experiments Lain, Grave of the Fireflies, Outlaw Star?, Rayearth

Fantasia   

I will not get tired of saying it.

Candy Candy.

it was huge in the 70's and my mother used to watch it when she was a girl. I was shown this anime by her when I was 16, and I have loved it ever since.

It's the type of anime that will make you happy, sad, mad, cry, jump for joy, love, and hate the characters. It truly is a great watch.

There is no english dub, bUT IF YOU ARE FLUENT IN SPANISH ALL THE EPISODES CAN BE FOUND ON YOUTUBE IN SPANISH.

However, there is an ENGLISH DUB version as well. I dunno where to get access to it but maybe some deep google searching will do.

These look really good so far.

My first thought when I saw this thread was Ranma ½. Oh, also...dubs or subs..or does it matter?

either is fine :)

I will not get tired of saying it.Candy Candy. it was huge in the 70's and my mother used to watch it when she was a girl. I was shown this anime by her when I was 16, and I have loved it ever since.It's the type of anime that will make you happy, sad, mad, cry, jump for joy, love, and hate the characters. It truly is a great watch.There is no english dub, bUT IF YOU ARE FLUENT IN SPANISH ALL THE EPISODES CAN BE FOUND ON YOUTUBE IN SPANISH.However, there is an ENGLISH DUB version as well. I dunno where to get access to it but maybe some deep google searching will do.

I haven't found it in english dub yet, but i did found in sub.

Cherry   

Does Code Lyoko count? If so, I suggest that. My older sister got my brother and I into it. Then there's Cyborg 009, another anime my siblings and I watched together when we were young. Uhm-- Yu Yu Hakusho, if that counts, too.

JujuFox   

Does Code Lyoko count? If so, I suggest that. My older sister got my brother and I into it. Then there's Cyborg 009, another anime my siblings and I watched together when we were young. Uhm-- Yu Yu Hakusho, if that counts, too.

I wouldn't consider Lyoko a classic or even an anime. It was made by the French in the early 2000's IIRC. I do remember catching a few episodes on Toonami(I think that's when it aired, right?), but never got into it. I also didn't care for the art style.

I've been checking back in this thread to get ideas for classics I should watch or rewatch. Maybe I should give Yu Yu Hakusho another try. I've only ever watched random episodes and not given it a good look.

Fantasia   

These look really good so far.

either is fine :)/>

I haven't found it in english dub yet, but i did found in sub.

oh snap I meant SUB.

Because there is no DUB

sorry bout that XD

I wouldn't consider Lyoko a classic or even an anime. It was made by the French in the early 2000's IIRC. I do remember catching a few episodes on Toonami(I think that's when it aired, right?), but never got into it. I also didn't care for the art style.I've been checking back in this thread to get ideas for classics I should watch or rewatch. Maybe I should give Yu Yu Hakusho another try. I've only ever watched random episodes and not given it a good look.

I should give Yu Yu a try a well.

Lyoko was ok it was more for entertainment that anything.

oh snap I meant SUB.Because there is no DUBsorry bout that XD

It's all good :rolleyes:

I recommend Sailor Moon and Ruroni Kenshin. Both are amazing

With Sailor Moon I just got to the last season and I would so love to Kenshin again. ^-^

Well I asked this same question to my cousins who got me started into anime in the first place.

They gave me a huge list of shows. some may not fit into the 80's 90's cat but are still pretty good to watch.

Ronin Warriors

Gundam Wing

Nadesico

Vampire Hunter D

Fushigi yui

ai yori oushi

gundam seed

escaflowne

hellsing

evangelian

lost universe

Gokudou

Moribito

robotech

techoman

tekkaman

vampire princess miyu

harlock saga

captain Tyler

Jubei Chan

saiyuki

MCP 3.3   

Martian Successor Nadesico, Bubblegum Crisis: Tokyo 2040, Captain Tylor, and Love Hina are some good ones in my opinion (just off the top of my head, I don't have my dvd collection in front of me)

Raenef   

Weiss Kreuz

Outlaw Star

Saiyuki (& Reload, & Reload Gunlock)

Night Walker

Vampire Princess Miyu

D.N.Angel

A few of those aren't very well known, but they're good.