Anime Central Forums
Shiggitay

Help Support Japan-a-Radio!

Hey all. I have a favor to ask. A friend of mine runs an online radio station called Japan-a-Radio. It's been running for over 10 years now, and is entirely subscriber funded. Now is the time to help it survive through its 11th year and beyond. Give it a listen and please consider subscribing or donating today. I'm sorry if this sound like a spammy message, but I'm just trying to help keep this awesome entertainment going for years to come. I know the owner/program director/DJ personally and he's a really nice guy. JaR is his 'baby' project, and he'd hate to have to shut it down due to lack of funds. Things like equipment repairs/replacements/upgrades, bandwidth, music etc all cost money, and he can't fund it on his own entirely, if at all. I listen every night at work, and it keeps me motivated and energized. I listen to it whenever I'm out thanks to my phone's unlimited data plan. So, please help out and don't let Japan-a-Radio go away.

http://www.japanaradio.com

There are free streams up for you to try before you buy, essentially, and if you like anime/jpop music I think you'll be pleased with what JaR has to offer. There are plans as low as $5 a month. A MONTH! Not a huge commitment. There are higher intervals, but I think $5 is affordable...a month.

Just so no misunderstandings arise, JaR staff isn't paying me to help promote the station. I'm just a fan and long time supporter. I remember when I found JaR back in 2007. I instantly fell in love with it and how it was being ran.

Thanks for your time in reading this.

Always wished SiriusXM had a Jpop station.. and pandora has a cruddy slection IMO. I'll check it out homie!

Thanks so much! This means a lot to me, as well as to the station owner. Please let me know how you like it. One of the shows that makes this station stand out for me is coming out of hiatus. It's called the WTF Show, hosted my Michael Garcia. He plays WTF he wants, but usually it's Jpop/Anime related, often with Jpop and Anime power blocks towards the middle/end. He also does pseudo-rants on stuff, and other stuff like that. It's on TONIGHT Friday May 31st, 2013 at 8PM Pacific. I think if I'm not mistaken it repeats on Saturday with the show that I mention next. Do the time zone math for your area. Right before WTF at 7PM Pacific is the Weekend BlastOff hosted by DJ CruzMissle. Also a good show. Cruz plays music, as well as reports on news from Japan like baseball scores (seasonal), top 20 Oricon chart ratings, etc. Great show as well.

Thanks again!

Shiggitay

Hey all! I know it's been almost a year since I posted and created this thread, but here's my nudge for anyone else interested in Japan-A-Radio. I'm happy that someone got interested in it over the past year, but it'd be great to have more interested. Refer to the OP for more info.

Thanks!