Anime Central Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Azunya123

cosplay store @ ACen 2014

As a first time cosplayer, I was wondering if ACen will have a cosplay store similar to one at Akihabara, Tokyo, Japan?

Able to speak and understand in English, can do free measurements and tailoring and has costumes, wigs, shoes, socks/stockings, makeup, additional underwear, accessories - gloves etc for cosplayer and crossplayers at a reasonable price.

I also wonder if there ever will be a cosplay/crossplay store in Chicago?

Not sure if this will help but usually a few vendors bring some generic costumes ( FMA, school uniforms, etc.) with them and there's always a few decent wig vendors.

I doubt the time of the con would be enough for anyone to do a commissioned costume.

Back in the day I know there was Limebarb commission shop that one would order online and could come in for fittings but it looks like that is closed (?)

I would suggest finding a commissioner through ebay or sites like Fanplusfriend, Cosplay Magic, etc. Make sure to read through feedback and check reviews on cosplay . com .

If you really want to find someone that could meet with you to work on the costume, find costume commissioners in the area on Etsy and just ask. I'm sure many would be happy to actually be able to take the measurements themselves and not have to deal with a return because incorrect fit.

Here are a bunch of links

Arda wigs

Epic Cosplay Wig shop

Cosplay Magic ( usually more pricey but comes with accessories)

fan plus friend

Bodyline ( just remember you get what you pay for )

We love Colors , great for socks and gloves in any shade

Before you get a commission done, consult this thread. There are plenty of reviews for most commissioners.

I hope something here helps you a bit.

As a first time cosplayer, I was wondering if ACen will have a cosplay store similar to one at Akihabara, Tokyo, Japan?

Able to speak and understand in English, can do free measurements and tailoring and has costumes, wigs, shoes, socks/stockings, makeup, additional underwear, accessories - gloves etc for cosplayer and crossplayers at a reasonable price.

I also wonder if there ever will be a cosplay/crossplay store in Chicago?

Is there an actual cosplay/crossplay store(s) in Japan best recommend and can they type and understand in English and can be purchased oversea/ship to US? From what I saw at the con, some looks like they were purchased in Japan. After attending one panel, I overheard one guy purchased and wore a loita outfit and said he purchased the item in Osaka, Japan.

Is there an actual cosplay/crossplay store(s) in Japan best recommend and can they type and understand in English and can be purchased oversea/ship to US? From what I saw at the con, some looks like they were purchased in Japan. After attending one panel, I overheard one guy purchased and wore a loita outfit and said he purchased the item in Osaka, Japan.

Lolita has japanese brands that can ship over seas or you can use a shopping service to get. ( I know Angelic Pretty ships overseas and has a decent english site Angelic Pretty's Eng. Site

The truth is, japanese cosplay shops don't always have the best quality items ( I linked to Bodyline earlier and while being made in china does have shops in japan. They have lower quality than most costumes) and usually only carry set sizes ( and if you are taller, curvier, larger, etc. chances of any of those sizes fitting right. You would be better off with ( well reviewed) chinese commissioner or a domestic one.

Mykaios   

Lolita brands, in Japan, are just the same as any other clothing brand/store such as Forever 21 or Hollister. I personally don't think a physical cosplay store front would do very well as there's a lot of licensing and what not involved. There are definitely "official" cosplay pieces out there but they're usually at ridiculous prices and by that, I mean they cost more than having them commissioned. A lolita one might work, as I believe there is one in Little Tokyo, Los Angeles, CA? But again, it really depends on the location. CA and NY are probably the best places to have them/open them.