Anime Central Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lelo

Blood!

Lelo   

I want to use some fake blood for my boyfriend's Edward Elric cosplay -- we just need it on his face and arm -- and I have a tube of fake blood that I won as a Halloween gift, but I'm concerned about it rubbing off on things. Does anyone have tips for wearing fake blood for long periods of time? I'm also curious about home recipes. Does anyone have a tried and true recipe for DIY blood?

I've never used fake blood myself, but I can tell you my recipe for DIY. All I use is that cheap paint that's like .89 cents at any store (I can't remember what kind it is--I think acrylic?) I just took an exam so my memory is ultimately failing me. XD But what I did was I just used that paint and mixed it with water. I did one part paint, two parts water. A little goes a long way with it, so you don't need very much especially if you're just putting it on his face and arm. For me it was more (but not tons) since I did a blood splatter.

Regarding it rubbing off on things, my DIY blood dried on me VERY quickly. Mine took a few minutes, it stayed on my skin well and didn't rub off. And I will tell you, I had a LOT splattered on me. If you want to feel more secure with it drying, stay outside for like 5 minutes for it to dry easy. I gave many hugs covered in paint, and I swear it stayed on great, didn't get on anyone and didn't smear! I would say the only thing that could wash it off is sweat, but that was sort of it. And the paint comes off the body easy--soap and water! I didn't have any problems with it. Hope this helps. ^_^/>

Edited by GITS SAC Motoko

I've never used fake blood myself, but I can tell you my recipe for DIY. All I use is that cheap paint that's like .89 cents at any store (I can't remember what kind it is--I think acrylic?) I just took an exam so my memory is ultimately failing me. XD But what I did was I just used that paint and mixed it with water. I did one part paint, two parts water. A little goes a long way with it, so you don't need very much especially if you're just putting it on his face and arm. For me it was more (but not tons) since I did a blood splatter.

Regarding it rubbing off on things, my DIY blood dried on me VERY quickly. Mine took a few minutes, it stayed on my skin well and didn't rub off. And I will tell you, I had a LOT splattered on me. If you want to feel more secure with it drying, stay outside for like 5 minutes for it to dry easy. I gave many hugs covered in paint, and I swear it stayed on great, didn't get on anyone and didn't smear! I would say the only thing that could wash it off is sweat, but that was sort of it. And the paint comes off the body easy--soap and water! I didn't have any problems with it. Hope this helps. ^_^/>/>

That bathtub looked like someone died in it....