Anime Central Forums
Sign in to follow this  
StellarKei

Nintendo 3DS 2013

Last year my friend brought her Nintendo 3DS and she got over 100 street passes. The 3DS had only been out for a month or so back then so I bet this year is going to be amazing. Just a reminder to bring your 3DSes and have your wireless connections on! :3

I always get a ton of street passes at con. :3

If you can incorporate the 3DS as a prop for a cosplay, go for it. You can street pass people while you're getting your photo taken. :D

You do have to go into street pass every so often though, it can only hold up to 30-40 street passes at once iirc.

Got myself a 3DS XL during a brief sale at Target. Since then, I decided to purchase Shantae Risky's Revenge and Bookstore Dream, as well as Link's Awakening. While I don't own any 3DS specific cartridges just yet, I'm sure there are some quality wireless multiplayer games besides Mario Kart 7. Does anyone have a specific recommendation?

I probably shouldn't expect too much from Project X Zone, as it's a multi-crossover game. Still, I kinda like tactical RPG gameplay, and I'm just excited that it's getting published in English later this year.

Edited by dorkatlarge

The 3DS has been out for two years...cause I brought it to the last two Acens xD The first ACen I took it to it'd only been out for like a month or two and yet still got a ridiculous number of street passes. Last year got the 100 in one day achievement by just chilling in the lobby of the convention for like half an hour lol. Probably won't bring mine this year though since my R button is broken and it's a pain to wait for everyone to come in and get puzzle pieces when you can't fast forward...

Hello All!

I took my 3DS last year with the game Kid Icarus Uprising. It is a multiplier game and the reason I took it is because I wanted to find people to play with and trade Weapon gems. The game suggests passing other people who play the game and the gems trade. I had no luck last year but I did get some Pokedex 3D pro trades. It is a lot of fun and I hope I find others to play with this year even though I am a little rusty at it. :P

Got myself a 3DS XL during a brief sale at Target. Since then, I decided to purchase Shantae Risky's Revenge and Bookstore Dream, as well as Link's Awakening. While I don't own any 3DS specific cartridges just yet, I'm sure there are some quality wireless multiplayer games besides Mario Kart 7. Does anyone have a specific recommendation?

I probably shouldn't expect too much from Project X Zone, as it's a multi-crossover game. Still, I kinda like tactical RPG gameplay, and I'm just excited that it's getting published in English later this year.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is great for local multiplayer, same goes for the new Luigi's Mansion game!

Oh lordy. I was just at ShutoCon in Lansing MI and got 400+ (the key is to keep checking every hour or so as only 50 can be stored in one queue). ACen will be five times larger. I think I'm going to be flooded with these passes. It'll be brutal.

I can't wait <3

PyroJing   

Making sure not to leave it behind. Did so when I went to the Final Fantasy concert and hated myself so much when I saw so many everywhere. Went to Anime Crossroads the next day and got tons of Street Passes :)

Thank you so much to the Melbourne, N. Ireland and Hawaii conventioneers for giving me those much needed map points.

Also completed all puzzles while I was out at the con. Thank you all.

If you spotted me mine was a red haired Mii with an orange shirt named Dawn (named and modeled after my pet character from the webcomic I write).

PS: Sorry about my Fire Emblem team. I have a lot of spare time and nothing but a DS to fill it.

I had my 3DS in "sleep mode" with me during ACen 2013. It was a good way to count my steps. But I didn't use it for gaming except during bus rides. And I didn't collect any street passes. Probably because I don't own any 3DS carts yet...

STVO   

Unfortunately I didn't bring mine to ACen this year. After losing my DS (my own stupidity) I try to be careful with bringing portables everywhere. On top of that, I just don't really play that much at the conventions as well. However, I would like to do more 3DS/Streetpass meet-ups in the future as those seem like a lot of fun.