Anime Central Forums
Keiichi-chan

which series have you re-watched the most?

I need to watch Yu Yu Hakusho a lot more. Love that series.

Heck yeah. Though not my most rewatched ever, Yu Yu Hakusho is definitely high on my list. It probably gets better with each viewing in fact.

Dex_Link   

I've re-watched Cowboy Bebop by far the most, probably at nearly 100 viewings, but I feel alot of that has to do with the small amount of episodes in the series. And while I do feel its the best anime I have ever seen (I know, I know... cliche' blah blah blah), my favourite series is Dragonball (as a whole, mind you -- from Son Goku as a kid to the end of the Buu saga). I've only re-watched that like 10-20 times though...

Gwydion   

I'm positive I've watched the first season of Digimon more than anything else - it's just really easy to put on in the background while I work on stuff. It's up there as one of my favorites, but it's more of a nostalgic pick than anything. I've also seen Scrapped Princess a fair number of times, but that's more due to the fact that it was one of the first anime I actually owned on DVD.

ranefea   

I've probably watched (and read) Fushigi Yuugi the most - it's my favourite, too. I've also watched Record of Lodoss War quite a bit (I've watched the OVA more than the TV anime), as well as Cowboy Bebop. =3

Fantasia   

Candy Candy. Its an old anime and its my third time rewatching it eh heh.

Oh man, my wife told me about this show! She grew up in Lithuania, and they somehow showed that anime on television when she was a child. I never saw it, and I've never come across anyone else who knew about it.

^ cool story, bro.

I don't tend to rewatch series these days. But back when I had more free time and not much broadband access, I watched Slayers TV tapes quite a bit, along with large sections of Ranma 1/2. They're old favorites, though these days I can't say they're my absolute favorites.

Oh man, my wife told me about this show! She grew up in Lithuania, and they somehow showed that anime on television when she was a child. I never saw it, and I've never come across anyone else who knew about it.

Candy Candy had more televised dubs than you might think. Read through its ANN encyclopedia article for details.

Edited by dorkatlarge

I have probably rematches Bleach too many times to count. o.o" The movies particularly Hell Verse and Fade to Black Im surprised aren't worn out discs. I also rewatched Black Butler a few times and Fruits Basket. I don't typically rewatch series either but I do reread manga quite a bit.

Edited by JCWarriorCats

Fantasia   

I don't tend to rewatch series these days. But back when I had more free time and not much broadband access, I watched Slayers TV tapes quite a bit, along with large sections of Ranma 1/2. They're old favorites, though these days I can't say they're my absolute favorites.

Candy Candy had more televised dubs than you might think. Read through its ANN encyclopedia article for details.

I watch the series in spanish xD great source for the bilingual gal. All episodes are on youtube from multiplesources.

Edited by Fantasia

Hello all!

Ah, well lets see...I have DBZ over and over but mostly the Cell and Majin Buu Sagas. I have FMA so I do watch that when I am bored. Not the Brotherhood version though. I have read Reiko the Zombie Shop over twice. It is a good horror manga but that is just my opinion. I am huge Sonic fan so I have watched Sonic X over and over. I do not think I should be so proud of that one. It wasn't good but Sonic just has an unholy grip on me. D:

Hello all!

Ah, well lets see...I have DBZ over and over but mostly the Cell and Majin Buu Sagas. I have FMA so I do watch that when I am bored. Not the Brotherhood version though. I have read Reiko the Zombie Shop over twice. It is a good horror manga but that is just my opinion. I am huge Sonic fan so I have watched Sonic X over and over. I do not think I should be so proud of that one. It wasn't good but Sonic just has an unholy grip on me. D:

It's all about that Sonic SatAM, son! I'm also a huge Sonic fan, but I never got into Sonic X.

I'm surprised no one's mentioned this: Sailor effin' Moon! haha. Every once in a while I [re]watch Sailor Moon, and I even play the games here and there too. Iconic series that, whether you want to admit it or not, has shaped us all as anime fans, especially since later this summer/fall it's being rereleased. I'm still curious as to how much of the original staff is on board with this. It wouldn't be the same without the original seiyuu (talking Japanese btw... I can't say much about the North American voice actors, as I couldn't connect with their performances as much if at all).

As far as others I tend to rewatch, I'd say Haruhi, Lucky Star, A-Channel, and pretty much anything I've seen done by KyoAni/Kadokawa.

Now, as far as favorites? Sailor Moon is up there, with shows like Haruhi and Inuyasha and so on coming in a close second/third etc. I've seen so many good shows since I started this anime thing as my main hobby back in the year 2000, so it's tough to choose. I've pretty much learned what genres I like, and I stay away from (not saying they're bad) ones that I don't like or like as much like mecha/straight drama etc.

Ive rewatched clannad more times then i can count

Sorry to rehash this old thread, but rwarsauce: I love the avatar! I dunno why I didn't notice my first scan through this thread (unless you had something different set before). For those that don't know, his avatar is Kaoru (?) covering the eyes of the main male character from Amagami SS/Amagami SS+. Great dating sim-based anime that I totally recommend. :)

Also, Clannad FTW. I was at a Clannad panel last year at Anime Boston and man was it bad... the dude was basically reading off a PowerPoint he made and he really didn't know what he was talking about. So so sad. You should at least know the content you're presenting... Anyway... yeah I do watch Clannad again from time to time.

Edited by Shiggitay

Raenef   

Saiyuki, Saiyuki Reload & Reload Gunlock (I swear I know all the lines by now) But also Weiss Kreuz, Super Gals, Vampire Princess Miyu, D.N.Angel too.

Kadabra   

Hmm... I'd probably say Paranoia Agent, which I've seen about 3 times. I've probably seen Outlaw Star that many times as well. I don't usually re-watch a lot of series since I have a never-ending list of stuff to watch~

Twifairy   

also, is that specific series your favorite of all time?

Kuroshitsuji at least four times, RWBY at least four times, Powerpuff Girls Z three times (because they play it repeatedly in Korea), OHSHC twice, and Tokyo Mew Mew twice.

Ah, the memories.

jonuiuc   

Berserk is the show I rewatched the most (mostly showing to other people before the age of streaming). It is tied for my favorite show of all time, now with Bakemonogatari (which is much newer). I also have rewatched Record of Lodoss War a lot (partially because I've owned it for so long) and Seitokai Yakuindomo (though just random episodes, its so funny).

Matt   

Three way tie between Outlaw Star, Neon Genesis Evangelion and the Dirty Pair OAV series. In all cases, it was to watch the sub and the dub. But I'm sure I'll watch Cowboy Bebop again someday :) .