Anime Central Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rondo

This Crazy World...

rondo   

Remember back only a few years ago when it was just around 2 bucks a gallon? Those seem like the good old days now don't they?

I have a receipt from the 90's where it was around $1.29.

P-Bear   

I can remember back to a time when gas stations still had attendants.

I have heard the elders speak of these times, when VHS tapes walked the earth and Jell-o Pudding Pops were plentiful.

rondo   

Does that mean it'll have John de Lancie's voice and snap its fingers and disappear and reappear in flashes of light? :3

Storm Q, this naming nonsense I swear...though I highly approve of a John de Lancie voiceover for the storm.

Edited by rondo

Almost to the point now where I'm working a full day just pay in taxes. *sigh* Can't live like this much longer.

I over heard my coworkers who came from a different countries and they have told me that everything is expensive here and that we spend most of our lives working for money that is taken away by taxes. Another who had 2 jobs told me that even with 2 jobs they have gotten nowhere with their money. Other places besides Chicago are cheaper and have little to no taxes at all. I want to live there.

P-Bear   

....although the roads are in a state of disrepair, police are corrupt, postal service is dead...Our firemen are burly and mustachioed though!

kahad   
Our firemen are burly and mustachioed though!

As is our mayors. Carbondale's current mayor fits the mustachioed part. He has got an epic Mario mustache.

Edited by kahad

So "the Oklahoma legislature passed the Dare to be Ignorant Protection Act this week, by which students can feel free to give preposterous answers in science class without fear of being graded poorly by the teacher". Apparently the idea of presenting crazy ideas in class is on the cusp of reality. Are we crafting modern day Galileo's and Christopher Columbus'?

P-Bear   

So "the Oklahoma legislature passed the Dare to be Ignorant Protection Act this week, by which students can feel free to give preposterous answers in science class without fear of being graded poorly by the teacher". Apparently the idea of presenting crazy ideas in class is on the cusp of reality. Are we crafting modern day Galileo's and Christopher Columbus'?

Ben Franklin?? Ben Franklin is the Devil! I invented electricity!

but....i...wha?...*Facepalm*

Possibly, but my opinion is that we're raising idiots and smartalecs. Science professors are science professors for a reason--even Gailieo and Columbus had to learn from someone. A good prof will listen to a crazy idea from a student, but if the idea is so utterly ridiculous or just plain stupid, that prof should have the freedom to say so.

Even Socrates knew there were some things you didn't question.

Ben Da Mad Irishman

"Like gravity"

kahad   

Well, one on hand, scientific geniuses are not created by blindly accepting accepted scientific theory. Scientific progress sometimes requires that these theories be questioned. Considering some of the holes in them, some of these theories need to be questioned.

On the other hand, like Sentinel mentioned, some aspects of science you just can not question.