Anime Central Forums
Noiz

Favorite Anime ENDINGS!

whoa I thought you were talking about ending ending not ED songs!

For me it's:

Inu x Boku SS- sweet parade

Eureka seven: Tip top tap

Ride On Shooting Star-FLCL

Rurouni Kenshin T.M. Revolution - Heart of Sword -Yoake Mae-

rondo   

Trigun - Kaze Wa Mirai Ni Fuku

Samurai Champloo - Who's Theme, Shiki No Uta

to name a few.

Edited by rondo

Mirai Nikki ED2: Yousei Teikoku - Filament

Kore wa Zombie desu ka? of the dead: Rie Yamaguchi - Koi no Beginner Nan Desu

ToraDora ED2: Rie Kugimiya- Orange

Ashori   

Yeah, I thought actual endings at first too. I was thinking, "Ooo, isn't this a toughie?" XD

Anyway, as for ending themes, my top three favorites are:

Hello Hello Another Star - Core of Soul (Glass Mask ED 4)

Why: The song is just so soothing and sweet-sounding, and just set the tone for the ending of the anime series. I personally think, out of all of the themes used for Glass Mask, it's the best one, although Aina's Yasashii Sayonara (the 1st ED theme) comes into a close second.

Trust Me - Yuuya Matsushita (Durarara!! ED 1)

Why: I've never even seen this series yet, but I fell in love with this song from random videos that used it. It's super catchy, fun to try and sing along with and dance to, and just overall enjoyable. Although I have no idea if the lyrics fit the series quite yet since, yeah, I haven't watched it yet.

Nagareboshi ~Shooting Star~ - HOME MADE Kazoku (Naruto Shippuden ED 1)

Why: I can't get myself to hate anything HMKU puts out, but this was my "discovery" song for them, so it holds a special place in my heart. I just love the lyrics and what they mean, and it's that perfect blend of "relaxing" and "get up and dance" that I've now come to expect and love from HMKU.

Jama wa Sasenai by Okui Masami

The ending animation itself was pretty low budget even for anime during the 90's but the song itself will forever hold a special place in my heart. That and it's the ending theme for Slayers Next, my favorite season of the long series.

For newer stuff I'd say my favorite ending is the Ending theme of Carnival Phantasm, Fellows by Masaaki Endoh. Again music over animation, just love the song so much!

: As a Sailor Moon fan, I loved the light and happy tone this ED had compared to a lot of the others concerning love and deep things. It really set the mood for the beginning of the series.

Trust Me- Durarara!: I've always been a bit of a sucker for the asian hip hop style and this ED takes the cake. I have a lot of memories attached to this series and to this song alone.

Magica-Madoka I have a confession. I'm not the biggest Kalafina fan but their music was a perfect fit for Madoka. Elegant and a little dark, I admire the depth of the ED compared to the lightness of the OP .

Real Folk Blues-Cowboy Bebop: Oh god. The tears.

No, Thank you - K-on! K-on! has a lot of great orignal music but this song seems, marketable? It seems like a real rock song and it feels so cool and natural.

There's probably like 50 more I'm forgetting D:

Edited by linlindesu

Hantsuki   

Tegami Bachi: Reverse - Perseus by Yamazaru

I thought all of the opening and ending songs for the second season of Tegami Bachi were amazing, but this ending has got to be one of my favorites of all time.

-My current fav is By My Side, by Hemenway (Naruto), mostly because of the monochromatic scheme, the symbolism with Naruto's parents, and that one English line, "I need you here right by my side". It gets my Asian-language-fangirl-heart every time. ;_;

-The Sambomaster song that ends Princess Jellyfish is also a knee-wobbler- that guy has one smexy voice.

-Bleach's Gallop, by Pezmoku- for the implication of IchiRuki goodness. XD Also, Bleach's Echoes- the lighting in that is just brilliant, and the emotion in the music is highly moving even if you don't understand the lyrics.

-The Soul Eater ending, Strength, is another great one, as well- nothing like mass death to stick a song in your mind!

let's see..

shiki no uta from samurai champloo:

heart of sword from rurouni kenshin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwAC38XeISM

waratteta from oban star racers:

konna ni chikkaku de from nodame cantabile:

tokimeki no doukasen from fushigi yuugi:

there are lots of honorable mentions like full moon from beck, or the ending theme from youjohan shinwa

tatakei, but i tried to pick endings that have memorable songs that compliment the series and animations really well.

also, i have a lot of current favorites, but i tried to pick songs that immediately came to mind even

after years of not watching that particular series, or ending themes that were so good they hooked me

into watching the show itself.

Edited by Keiichi-chan

Magia from Madoka Magica was one that I never skipped over. It's also one of the only anime endings I have on my iPod, so that says something.

Oh, and there were a couple from Oreimo that I really liked- Masquerade and Shiroi Kokoro come to mind.

Secret Base from Anohana was really good.

And who could forget Dango Daikazoku from Clannad~?

Many of my favorites have been mentioned:

#1, and one of the greatest endings of all time: "Real Folk Blues"

#2: Ride on Shooting Star

One that I like, and is definitely the best of its series (no matter what Keiichi says :P), is Naruto's first ending, "Wind Akeboshi": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYd_wFc4Rmo I like it far more than the anime.

And of course, another ending that I like far more than the anime itself, "Gravity" from Wolf's Rain:

Now I'm going to cheat and use a movie ending! "There Will Never Be Good-Bye" from Metropolis:

Many of my favorites have been mentioned:

#1, and one of the greatest endings of all time: "Real Folk Blues"

#2: Ride on Shooting Star

One that I like, and is definitely the best of its series (no matter what Keiichi says :P/>/>), is Naruto's first ending, "Wind Akeboshi": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYd_wFc4Rmo I like it far more than the anime.

And of course, another ending that I like far more than the anime itself, "Gravity" from Wolf's Rain:

Now I'm going to cheat and use a movie ending! "There Will Never Be Good-Bye" from Metropolis:

lol, yeah, i like that one, and it fits the series more, but as a song to itself? ryuusei, man - ryuusei all the way!

i've also been digging hikaru utada's beautiful world ending, which was used for the first evangelion rebuild movie, and remixed and used again for the second one.

Edited by Keiichi-chan

I'm not really sure but I can give you at least five or six of them.

Yu Yu Hakusho- Unbalanced Kiss

Gurren Lagann- Minna no Peace

Ao No Exorcist- Wired Life

Inuyasha- Shinjitsu No Uta

Cowboy Bebop- Real Folk Blues and Blue (final episode)

Nana - Kuroi Namida

Jenya   

I'm not really sure but I can give you at least five or six of them.

Yu Yu Hakusho- Unbalanced Kiss

Gurren Lagann- Minna no Peace

Ao No Exorcist- Wired Life

Inuyasha- Shinjitsu No Uta

Cowboy Bebop- Real Folk Blues and Blue (final episode)

Nana - Kuroi Namida

Take Off by 2PM from Ao No Exorcist is even better, in my opinion, than Wired Life! It's amazing!

Take Off by 2PM from Ao No Exorcist is even better, in my opinion, than Wired Life! It's amazing!

I like both of them but I think I ended up liking the beat in Wired Life. I dunno, something about it just grabs me. Ao No Exorcist has some good music.

Well I can't really post em all but these are what came in to my head right away.

from Samurai Champloo

2.Come from Inu-Yasha Ending 7

from High School DxD

from Cowboy Bebop

from Gurren Lagann Ending 1

from Neon Genesis Evangelion

from Dears

from Kaichou Wa Maid Sama

Brandonb   

Well, I really like the "Free!" one, as well as the 1st one for "Kimi Ni Todoke." "Real Folk Blues" from Bebop is also a classic! :clap:/>

And who can forget the awesome Do As Infinity hit "Fukai Mori"?

Edited by Brandonb

Twifairy   

Kurostsuji: Lacrimosa by Kalafina

Kuroshitsuji II: Bird by Matsushita Yuuya

Edit: I don't know the title of it, but the Korean ending for PPGZ, I used to sing it a lot when I was bored haha

Edited by Twifairy

Otome no Policy : Sailor Moon R ending

When the Sun is shining again : Yu Yu Hakusho Ending 4 [English ver and Japanese ]

Yasashii Yoake : .Hack//Sign ending

Heart of Sword : Rurouni Kenshin Ending 3

Fly Me to the Moon : Neon Genesis Evangelion ending

Romantic Ageru yo : Dragon Ball ending

Glaring Dream : Gravitation ending

Future : Kiddy Grade Ending

The Real Folk Blues: Cowboy Bebop

Sayonara Bye Bye : Yu Yu Hakusho Ending 2

Rebirth : Alien Nine Ending

Virtual Stary Embroyology : Revolutionary Girl Utena Ending 2

Fallen Angel : Panty and Stocking with GarterBelt ending

gaaaah I have too many good ones. I can't just pick one.

Edited by BreBre716

Phil   

I really like some of the endings for Aquarion:

I like the ending for Un-go, if anyone remembers that, lol:

Fantasy

I also like a lot of the ending songs for Bleach and the songs from Death Note but I feel like those are popular enough for me not to have to post links.