Anime Central Forums
GITS SAC Motoko

Anime/Gaming wallscrolls

Wall scrolls are awesome. Just wondering what everyone has hanging on their wall and what characters, what is it of? :3 And if you have a story behind it (why you got it, what con, what year) tell it! :3

I have three wall scrolls (planning on getting more soon :3) I have a 2 Ghost in the Shell wall scrolls and a Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad wall scroll.

My two Ghost in the Shell ones are one of Motoko only with wires all around her in her specific S.A.C 2nd GIG outfit (I got it at ACen 2010, first wall scroll ever!) , and my other one is of Motoko and Batou (uber love <3) both in combat armor, guns drawn and it's a night city scene of Niihama and it's really cool :3, and I got it at KollisionCon 2011 and I had been looking for it for a long time so I was SO excited I found it. And my Beck one is of Koyuki and his guitar and he's wearing a Nirvana hoodie! SO EPIC! And I got it at ACen 2011 on Sunday. And what makes it even awesomer is that I had Johnny Young Bosch and Eyeshine sign it at KollisionCon. <3

Edited by GITS SAC Motoko

hahaha nice!! I need to watch more of that show. I saw the famous "BLINK!" episode with the Angels and it was super cool. I actually work with a guy who has the telephone booth looking thing on his arm (sorry if I don't know the name of it XD). It's pretty cool though.

I sadly only have one: Gaara and Rock lee from season 1 of Naruto.

I want to get something from Devil summoner or Nocturne =w=; I see them on ebay and I never buy them!

Gwydion   

I have 4. I have to rotate them every few months because I don't have enough wall space, lol. Anyway, I have one Fullmetal Alchemist (with Ed doing some alchemy in the front and Al hanging out in the back), one Last Exile (with Claus, Lavi, and Alvis in front and a vanship in the background), and two Digimon Adventure wallscrolls (one has a really random group of kids - Matt, TK, Mimi, and Izzy, I think - and the other has the original seven kids at the bottom and all the Champion level digimon, plus Agumon and MetalGreymon, taking up the rest of the space).

Don't remember where I got my FMA one, though it was the first (I wanna say Anime North 2004?). Pretty sure the Last Exile one came next, and I'm kind of ashamed because I traded some old manga for it and only later realized it was a really poor trade on my part - I'd gotten the books from an old friend, but I never cared for them so I wasn't really thinking... I met her again a few years later and had to confess what I'd done and she was more disappointed that I'd gotten such a rotten deal than that I traded them, lol. The Digimon wallscrolls I got from an acquaintance in college. She knew I was a fan, told me she had some, and so I bought them from her. She just whipped them out of her car's trunk - I have no idea where she got them, but hey, I was sure happy!

I haven't bought any since, but that's more due to lack of time in the dealer's room at cons (thanks to manning my AA table) than anything. They just look so much nicer than most posters, ya know?

sounds cool guys! Love the stories behind them, I always like to hear stories behind people's things especially wall scrolls. Like why do you like having (insert character/series/game here) on your wall everyday? :3 And yeah they are nice than posters since they don't wrinkle or anything. Well they do, but I'm afraid to iron them. XD. The last thing I need is a iron imprint on poor Motoko's face! O.o

I'm not home right now so I can't say for sure, but around 10. 4 or 5 are FullMetal Alchemist, 1 is Tsubasa, 1 is Naruto...and I know there others but I can't think of them off the top of my head xD Before I went to college you couldn't see my walls cause they were covered xD I even started putting my anime posters (not wallscrolls, that'd be tricky to pull of lol) on the ceiling xD

Well I bought a few at ACen. right now on my wall I have a Burst Angel Jo wallscroll, a xxxHolic Yuko/Watanuki/Himawari wallscroll, an Ai Enma Hell Girl (signed by Brina Palencia) wallscroll, a Kirika/Mirrielle NOIR wallscroll, a One Piece Nami Wanted Poster wallscroll, and a group shot Gurren Lagann wallscroll. ^_^

There are more to be had, no doubt. :D

Edited by Monica Rial #1 Fan

At C2E2, I bought a wallscroll of Kagamine Rin and Len! I just bought it because they're my favorite Vocaloids. At ACen two weeks later, I saw the same wallscroll everywhere! In my head I was saying "HAHA! I ALREADY HAVE IT!" XD