Anime Central Forums
kuro_ketsurui

Anime Song Standards

Musicians out there all know that there are songs of each genre which are "must know" in order to sit in and jam. These are standards, music that everyone knows and loves. What do you think should be in an anime songbook of standards?

This is a good question! The ones off the top of my head (may be biased :blush:)

A Cruel Angel's Thesis

The Real Folk Blues

Hare Hare Yukai

Motteke! Sailor Fuku!

God knows

The English Sailor Moon theme

I will throw these classics in the mix, because I don't want to run the risk of them not showing up on the first page:

Pokemon Theme

Logos Naki World

Hohoemi no Bakudan

Rock the Dragon

Lupin III Theme '78 <--I'm almost certain that this is a standard in Japan.

Detective Conan Theme

Tank for sure.

Yoko Kanno= <3 :3

I think Zankoku na Tenshi no These aka Cruel Angel's Thesis from Neon Genesis Evangelion. A classic and an awesome song. And I also think Lilium from Elfen Lied. It's such a beautiful song I feel all anime fans should know.

I think Zankoku na Tenshi no These aka Cruel Angel's Thesis from Neon Genesis Evangelion

Funny story about that. I went karaoking with friends one time and the system needed to reboot. So while we were waiting for it, we started singing Cruel Angel's Thesis acapella. Best. Night. EVER!

Funny story about that. I went karaoking with friends one time and the system needed to reboot. So while we were waiting for it, we started singing Cruel Angel's Thesis acapella. Best. Night. EVER!

THAT SOUNDS EPIC.

That song is so awesome too. Amazing to work out to as well! I picture Asuka gettin' all angry and I'm like YEAH IMMA ANGRY TOO! I sang it in my car once and I got weird stares from people across from me at a stop light. I get that a lot actually.....XD

These are just a few that I've enjoyed a lot over the years... I'll admit that it's a weird mixup, but here you go:

A lot of this takes me baccccckkkk.

Edited by ZSchleicher

DN: The World

FMA BH: Period

CBBP: Tank

FLCL: Riding on Shooting Star

Air Gear: Chain

Eureka Seven: Tip top Tap or Sakura

GS: Inner universe

Seikon no Qwaser: bapitze

Mirai no Nikki: DEAD END and Kuusou Mythology

Yay! I'm not the only one here that believes things by Yoko Kanno/Origa should be remembered. :3 I also think that Rise from Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG should be remembered to. That is such an amazing song--it should always be remembered.

Yay! I'm not the only one here that believes things by Yoko Kanno/Origa should be remembered. :3 I also think that Rise from Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG should be remembered to. That is such an amazing song--it should always be remembered.

Origa's got some great music. Her voice is really, really soothing to the ears. Rise is another of my favorites from Ghost in the Shell: SAC. Speaking of the show, I think I'll have to get myself some boxsets of it next year. It's always been a pleasure to see how each episode draws out.

Origa's got some great music. Her voice is really, really soothing to the ears. Rise is another of my favorites from Ghost in the Shell: SAC. Speaking of the show, I think I'll have to get myself some boxsets of it next year. It's always been a pleasure to see how each episode draws out.

Get it. I'm not biased for the show or anything (hahah totally am XD) but it its AAAAAH-MAZING. XD. I actually managed to get my hands on some of Origa's other stuff (through a friend who likes Russian music) and oh GAAAWD her voice is gorgeous. I just want to marry her voice. :3 Her song

and "
which is in GITS: SAC Solid State Society (sequel to 2nd GIG) are also a AWESOME songs. Player is one of two songs (the other is
by Kenji Kawai from the first Ghost in the Shell film) I will crank the bass and treble to in the car--it's so awesome with bass cranked. XD It's so awesome and great to work out to! My favorite song from Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex changes everyday. One day I prefer Inner Universe, then Player, then Rise, then Date of Rebirth....such good stuff. And even just the soundtracks to GITS: SAC are great too. Just good music overall. I also love Kenji Kawai's music in the original movies (GITS and GITS 2: Innocence). I have never bought a soundtrack to something before Ghost in the Shell and I heard all of it and I was like "I need to own this music." God, sooooo GOOOOOOOD. :3 <3

Yeah that's another one!!! Making of a Cyborg from Ghost in the Shell. :3

SmilesI   

lol i was just about to make a what is your favorite Anime song thread when I saw this one.

a couple I like are Rozien Maiden's Opening theme and the music In S.C.R.Y.E.D.

rondo   

Through the Night - Outlaw Star

Kaze-wa Mirai-ni Fuku - Trigun

Samurai Champloo, take your pick of song.

Edited by rondo