Anime Central Forums
Sign in to follow this  
STVO

Kid Icarus Uprising

STVO   

So who else is playing this interesting 3DS title? I like it so far but the controls can be tiring lol. Haven't played Multiplayer yet so if anyone wants to arrange a match or whatever post here or send me a PM. Also you can tell the Smash Bros team was involved just from the menu alone. LOL

Such a good game even with teh wacky controls. I have my controls setup with the circle pad for moving, the xyab buttons for aiming, L for shooting, and the dpad for selecting powers. After a bit of online practiced ive gotten used to the controls that way. Dont even need the stand anymore :thumbup:XD

how does everyone else have their controls setup?

Edited by ceromagus22

I hate to ask but what is KI exactly? I mean I know about him but I never played any of his titles before. I thought about picking this up if I ever get a 3DS.

My new favorite phrase is "shazammitylam."

I'm definitely liking it so far, finding it to be a far goofier, less pretentious version of God of War crossed with Sin and Punishment and a smattering of Resident Evil: Revelations' weapons looting. It just takes a bit to get used to the controls.

also, was anyone ELSE hoping Samus would drop by in a cameo during the Space Pirate chapter?

Edited by Aiddon Valentin

Whenever the 3DS has good games that aren't remakes/ports/enhanced remakes, (well good games that I care about. I'm not into RE) I'll buy it and this. I really do want to pick this up.

I just finished it today. I absolutely love Pit's humour. HIs relationship between him and Palutena is also funny. The controls are difficult, but other than that I loved the game. I had them as axyb for moving, stick for aiming and R for aiming. It's hard being a lefty for these types of games.

STVO   

I just finished it today. I absolutely love Pit's humour. HIs relationship between him and Palutena is also funny. The controls are difficult, but other than that I loved the game. I had them as axyb for moving, stick for aiming and R for aiming. It's hard being a lefty for these types of games.

Haven't finished yet (me starting multiple games at once, :P) but I agree that Pit and Palutena have some hilarious dialogue and make great characters. I'm on the 4th stage but I enjoy it! The control is fun, a bit of challenge ad may frustrate some, but I like it.

To ceromagus or anyone with a circle pad pro: Does it greatly improve the control experience? I don't currently own it and am for with the controls for both this and Resident Evil, but I am considering on picking it up if it makes Kid Icarus that much better. :)

I hate to ask but what is KI exactly? I mean I know about him but I never played any of his titles before. I thought about picking this up if I ever get a 3DS.

Kid Icarus, or Pit as his offical name is, is the star of the old NES game called the same title. In the old game you play as Pit who is the only Angel who is able to get free from his cell in hell (underworld in the game)since all of heaven (Angel land in the game) was taken by the Evil Medusa, the sister of the great powerful and good Palutena, who has also been captured. Your job is to get up there and smash Medusa and free everyone winning a gift or kiss from Palutena for freeing her and all of Angel land. I should note that this game is notorious for being hard as heck.

Pit made a comeback in SSBB a few years ago, although his raking is low as a fighter. Because of this the cry for more Pit was heard Nintendo created the new kid Icarus game. I want it, but the cost for the 3DS... <_<

STVO   

I beat Resident Evil Revelations the other day and should be playing more of this soon. I also got a new code for the free 3D Classics Kid Icarus (Best Buy sent a faulty code.) Kid Icarus the original is a fun Title and I like that Nintendo added backgrounds to the 3D Classics version. Black backgrounds are nice, but these new ones are just a nice touch!.