Anime Central Forums
Dark Spellmaster

Where to get a good wig.

So I usually or used to usually buy from Cosplay.com's wig store, but I've noticed that their selection has gone way down. Right now I'm looking for a good site that is fast on delivery. Speifically for a bright red wig.

vika838   

I recommend Animestuffstore.com based out of Joliet. I usually receive my wigs in a week to 2 weeks, and the prices are good (short wigs $18-$22, long wigs $27-$46). I've got a long curly bright red wig that's coming, and I bought a long black wig from them that I'm very happy with both the quality and the price I paid. Good luck with your search!

Edit: It arrived today and I'm in love! Great quality, great price, and arrived in 4 days with standard shipping!

Edited by vika838

gothiclolitawigs.com and cosplaywigsusa.com (both from the same company) are EXTREMELY FAST AT SHIPPING. and shipping is free! I always buy from here. Whenever I order something my wig gets to my house litterally 2 days later. They have good quality wigs too. I bought many lolita wigs in the past from them, and I most recently bought an Alois wig. :) The reason shipping is so fast is because they ship out from the USA, rather than China or something like that. Their wigs cost from 26-50 usually, depending on length and extra parts. Usually the wigs are $40 or $35, and remember, shipping is free :D

Edited by skinnyneko

myrla   

There's a great seller at the convention themselves. The Five Wits. I bought mine from there last year and they helped me put it on even, on the floor.

Otherwise, amphigory.com

Edited by myrla

I recommend epiccosplay.com :3 Just ordered from them recently, and I love the wig! It came in less than a week. Mine's a darker red, not bright, but it'll give you an idea of what you're getting. (Ignore the totally crappy picture quality)

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/431045_10150646366379269_692124268_9020730_579867252_n.jpg

I recommend epiccosplay.com and coscraft.co.uk

That's where I ordered from this year and both had REALLY fast shipping and great quality! :)

I really like the epiccosplay.com selection a lot. I might be considering buying from them one day when I need another wig again. Good selection and from Washu's picture the wig looks nice. :)

KeySmash   

ardawigs! Best wig store in the U.S *_*. Lots of color choices. And located in Chicago. Though they just had a sale so a lot of their wigs are not in stock.

Animestuffstore is really good too. Colors are great!

Gabichox   

I recommend Animestuffstore.com based out of Joliet. I usually receive my wigs in a week to 2 weeks, and the prices are good (short wigs $18-$22, long wigs $27-$46). I've got a long curly bright red wig that's coming, and I bought a long black wig from them that I'm very happy with both the quality and the price I paid. Good luck with your search!

Edit: It arrived today and I'm in love! Great quality, great price, and arrived in 4 days with standard shipping!

I wish I had known about this site before I ordered $30 short wigs which I'm sure aren't really worth the price DX If they happen to be out of stock I'll keep this place in mind.

Paigey   

I'll second Arda and Epic Cosplay for sure! Arda I prefer for styled that need to be more heavily styled or are shorter as their fibers have a different texture. Epic Cosplay, on the other hand, I prefer for straight styles and longer styles, their fibers are a little less prone to tangling but aren't as easy to do crazy things with.

For prestyled wigs. The Five Wits. Though not all of them are super quality, the picture is exactly what you get.

Otherwise, Arda ships pretty quickly and has some great quality wigs.

If you go the ebay route, I'd suggest checking that the date it will get to you is at least a week prior to the con.

I've gotten all four of my wigs on Ebay. :D The prices ranged from 15-30 USD and they were all in great condition.

Ebay to me is hit or miss. Sometimes I hear of great things people get, but other times I hear of bad stuff people get. And the shipping is an issue especially if its last minute--it could take a week or more to send the wig internationally and shipping costs for some wig stores are CRAZY high depending where you go. Last time I did hit it was from a store called CosplayDNA. I got a short green wig from them and its very comfy and the fiber is nice and is sturdy. And I noticed they do a lot of free shipping which was awesome and it was pretty fast! I got it in about a week!

I've noticed the same thing about Cosplay.com--their selection has went way down, and with no explanation. I used to buy all my wigs there, too. Their selection was fantastic, and the wigs were REALLY high quality. They were the only place that sold a wig that fit my head, too. But they randomly dropped most of their wigs. >_<;. Anyway, as for suggestions..

I agree with those who said Arda Wigs. I've heard their wigs are really good quality, and their prices are good. (I haven't bought from them yet, but I will the next time I need a wig.)

Plus, if you have a problem with regular wigs fitting, their wigs fit larger heads. :).

Other than that, Amphigory is fair priced (I've heard they can take forever, though).

Shaherah   

Milanoo.com always has a great selection of wigs in very good quality to choose from. I'd recommend anyone to them for cosplay wigs :D

Milanoo.com always has a great selection of wigs in very good quality to choose from. I'd recommend anyone to them for cosplay wigs :D

I lol'd

Somewhere in the cosplay sub forum, there's loads and loads of horror stories... For every good wig there's probably 250 bad ones

If you really want to search eBay, the seller cosplaywig is very popular. Tons of people buy from them and I haven't heard a horror story about them.

Kii   

Wig Fashion on eBay delivers quickly, and the wigs are of beautiful quality.

I have two of them.

I can't stop putting them on.

I wouldn't recommend Amphigory.com, the last time I ordered from them it took three days and multiple emails to tell me that 5 out of 6 of the things I ordered were out of stock and the one they did have wouldn't get to me in time.

I'd recommend Cosplay Wig Store off of ebay. They have a lot of free shipping and sales and the wigs are nice quality.

Gabichox   

^ Yes this is why I stopped going to them (amphigory) Their inventory is very much out of date and you never know when things will be in stock. What with the ridiculous shipping prices it isn't worth it.

Edited by Gabichox

Quick post here to second everyone who said Anime Stuff Store :) Just got my first wig from them today, and it's really nice quality and was pretty darn cheap. (It's a long wig, and only cost me 30 after shipping)

Have you tried your local yellow pages. I have a nice joke shop about 10 min. from where I live with an excellent selection. I mean pricy good quality to cheap & just passes for my cosplay. Meaning a wide range for any budget. It might be better for you find some thing local so you can not only get it right away but also see the quality & color in person. That being said, I love http://www.pjstrickshop.com/, but have no idea what it's like to have them mail some thing.

vika838   

Quick post here to second everyone who said Anime Stuff Store :) Just got my first wig from them today, and it's really nice quality and was pretty darn cheap. (It's a long wig, and only cost me 30 after shipping)

I know right :thumbup: I was very happy with my order, glad yours turned out just as good!

Toast   

I am SO LATE to answering this question, but there is a place in Chicago that sells all sorts of costume things! It's called Fantasy Costumes and it's downtown! I didn't think much of it until I went there - the store is the size of a city block and they have EVERYTHING, it's really fantastic! Everyone there is incredibly helpful, and the prices are pretty decent!

SmilesI   

hey do they have a location to go in and look at wigs in Joliet or is it just a warehouse/online only type thing? :unsure: I'll be getting my first cosplay wig myself this year. Mostly cuz I'm sick of dying my hair over and over again and I'd like not to have white hair by the time I'm 40... lolz. :blush:

STVO   

Arda has nice quality wigs, my Danny Phantom wig was from them. Only downside is it will take awhile for them to get some wigs (mine was on back order.) If you order a few months prior before a con you should be ok though. Their customer service was friendly, courteous, and understanding (when they told me my wig may take awhile they immediately offered me the opportunity to wait, get a replacement wig, or a refund.)

vika838   

hey do they have a location to go in and look at wigs in Joliet or is it just a warehouse/online only type thing? :unsure: I'll be getting my first cosplay wig myself this year. Mostly cuz I'm sick of dying my hair over and over again and I'd like not to have white hair by the time I'm 40... lolz. :blush:

I don't think they have a store location, or at least I couldn't find one when I looked. On the bright side, shipping from their online store was relatively cheap.