Anime Central Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TaiyakiOni

Another

So, I finally started watching Another on one of my off days from work. I've been a big fan of past dark and horror types of anime and Another absolutely makes me squirm with delight.

The scenery, the colors, the tone of the setting is superb and I love the build up in the series all the way to the end of episode 3.

I'll not say anything more as I don't want to put spoiler tags in here since it's a hassle but I am loving this series!

S1NN3R   

And the way she twitches burns in your mind

yea, and it's only episode 3

Edited by S1NN3R

I've started reading the manga online and I have to say, it's amazing in both versions, though I feel the visuals in the anime are more effective than in the manga.

What I really want is a copy of the original novel, either translated or not. If not I will just have to dig out my old kanji dictionary and spend forever reading it slowly.

Normandy   

This is my favorite show of the season so far. The atmosphere is really well done. Parts of it also remind me of Rozen Maiden, given the Ali Project opening and all the imagery of dolls.

Gabichox   

I love this anime. Definitely one of my favorites of the season. I usually don't get creeped out by dolls but for once I did with the random visuals.

And episode 3.... My jaw dropped D:

But I do wish they'd stop with all the "We have a secret!!!! Shhhh" cheesy lines and atmosphere DX Hopefully with the next episodes they'll stop that.

S1NN3R   

Just my thoughts, but I think I can say I think I've figured it out.

So how long until Sakakibara realizes that he died from that collapsed lung?

It seems too long until next Monday... :huh:

-JUNK-   

I havent read the manga. But i have watched all the episodes that are out at the time being at least. I like it!

Not normally a fan of horror, but this is in my top 5 of the season. This is my 2nd fave of the season, only losing 1st by a very thin margin to Inu x Boku.

Normandy   

I've seen up to episode 8 now, and it just keeps getting better!

I liked the change of pace in episode 8, but I can't figure out who the dead person is. At first I thought Mei, but it's not her. Then I thought Koichi, but after he started talking about that possibility himself it's probably not him after all. Maybe Yuuya? :unsure: I have no idea.

S1NN3R   

I bought volume 4 and read it so i'm very sure of the ending. I took away the spoiler all together. I went back to re watch clips of the episodes that would have brought the same results as the manga. They're there! Can't wait to see this all play out... For anyone who truely NEEDS to know, PM me. Otherwise just enjoy the series!

Hint:

The real dead person hasn't been mentioned yet. Also, Pay attention to the credits - Think Angel Beats- There's some meaning behind it!

Edited by S1NN3R

Gabichox   

This show has picked up and I'm very pleased.

But I am also sad because my bias has um.. departed this world. I won't say who it is so as to not spoil... But he was so cute and weak ;AA; /pulls him aside to pet/

I really want to get my hands on a copy of the original novel personally and read that.

Been making due with the anime and manga thus far and I love horror thrillers like this that have deep thought involved in solving them like a mystery novel...

Need more anime like this.

Just saw episode 9. GETTING SO PUMPED FOR THE END OF THIS SERIES!

This is going to make me dig out Ghost Hunt and some other horror-esque anime thrillers when it's done.

kahad   

Really enjoying this anime. Plus, I can use it to scare/annoy a frend. She gets creeped out by it.

How many people knew that tape would get damaged before they got to hear the important part?

Really enjoying this anime. Plus, I can use it to scare/annoy a frend. She gets creeped out by it.

How many people knew that tape would get damaged before they got to hear the important part?

Oh come on. That was practically a given!

I also have a strong hunch the art kid is going to bite it before fixing the tape. I'm going to throw my dice in and say that Akazawa is the Dead One, that's my guess.

-JUNK-   

yeah I am really enjoying the anime now that it has picked up more.

Dolls/Horror/Mystery = My favorites.

XD I like how were bidding on whos going next and what happens next.

I started watching the series and completely caught up to the current cliffhanger within the past 24 hours or so. Really bad idea to do that at night in the dark. Nevertheless, I am waiting in excitement for more. This series is quite fantastic. ^_^

Episode 8's ending nearly gave me a heartattack. Right when the wind picked up I was like, "Ohhhh God, only a minute or two left and someone's still gonna get it. [guy gets in the water] Nononono, you're gonna die, gonna die!! [guy gets out farther] You're gonna die, you're gonna die!!!11! [goes under] OMG, SEE YOU'RE DYING!!1!! [surfaces] Dx Don't kill me like that Another, I really thought- [boat] No no no. Say you're not. NononononononononoNONONO-MYEYES!!1! ARM!!! DDDx" [/way too easily hysterical, but that just makes it even better]

Oh come on. That was practically a given!

I also have a strong hunch the art kid is going to bite it before fixing the tape. I'm going to throw my dice in and say that Akazawa is the Dead One, that's my guess.

Agreed (on the hunch). When art kid's all "Oh sure, I don't mind taking the tape", my brain translated it to "Oh sure, I don't mind dying for the plot".

My money's on Kouichi. I just can't shake my gut feeling. >_<

I started watching the series and completely caught up to the current cliffhanger within the past 24 hours or so. Really bad idea to do that at night in the dark. Nevertheless, I am waiting in excitement for more. This series is quite fantastic. ^_^

You too huh? hehe I just finished episode 9. This show is like watching a train wreck and I'm constantly on the edge of my seat pleading with the characters XD

Edited by noodlenaut

I just got back from Mitsuwa and I ordered the hardcover novel through Sanseido books. I'm looking forward to slowly ( oh so slowly ) reading the book which should arrive just as the series is about to end on tv.

emii   

The plot is a little silly but for a horror anime, the presentation is really good.

I've never actually felt like looking away from my screen from any other horror anime, haha.

I've been keeping track of this series too. Very Final Destination-like, haha. There's gonna be a live-action movie out in Japan in the summer. Doesn't look all that great.

Episode 10 related:

Well so much for art kid dying before fixing the tape AND my gut feeling about "main character" being the dead one. Dx Though who knows, maybe art kid's the cliffhanger stiff. Not that I trust my own opinions and deductions anymore.

DAMN YOU OBVIOUS CLIFF HANGER!

Still had me at the edge of my seat all the way until the expected interruption though.

I still think Akazawa might be the dead one since she seems to be the only one who has any memory of Sakakibara before the hospital and Sakakibara has no memory of her which means either her memory is fabricated OR maybe that Sakakibara is current Sakakibara's father who has a striking resembalance?, though the kid with the glasses looked a lot like one of the kids in the flash back to the past field trip, we'll see how it pans out from there. I'm just so giddy about finding out who it is!

I'm also interested to see what changes were made between the Novel and the Anime when I get the book. I hope the manga comes over too, that'd be fun to collect in english~ <3