Anime Central Forums
TaiyakiOni

Another

I've been betting on Akazawa for a while...mostly based on the head of countermeasures thing and the fact that she is last in the line-up in the ending.... but maybe that's just me XD The flashback thing just sort of cemented it in my head at least....I'm just afraid that's what the series wants me to think and is going to flip it out from under me! XD

S1NN3R   

You guys may want to take the time to re-watch afew episodes... Something big has been overlooked by this group... Just saying ;)

I'm concerned about that photo

the one they took with naoya and yuuya. it may just be a red herring but perhaps something will be revealed through it.

also, does anyone else get the feeling like Mei's going to end up in that doll box?

I'm worried man

Edited by noodlenaut

This.

Can it be Monday now? :(

:( I wanted it to be next Monday four days ago. T__T Waiting is torture. Of course, "waiting time" means more "analyzing/hypothesizing time".

[snip]

I still think Akazawa might be the dead one since she seems to be the only one who has any memory of Sakakibara before the hospital and Sakakibara has no memory of her which means either her memory is fabricated OR maybe that Sakakibara is current Sakakibara's father who has a striking resembalance?, though the kid with the glasses looked a lot like one of the kids in the flash back to the past field trip, we'll see how it pans out from there. I'm just so giddy about finding out who it is!

[snip]

I think there's another possibility: Maybe Sakaki really was in Yomiyama 1½ years ago, like his dad implied during one of their phone conversations.

In her dream, Akazawa was crying over a brother when she met Sakaki. What if the brother is this year's dead one? We know memories get messed with during these catastrophes from the state of the old class rosters; can't have the living people remember the current dead person's death. That could be why Sakaki and Akazawa's memory is mostly suppressed ("mostly" because Akazawa says her hand still remembers holding Sakaki's), because the event of the meeting was too closely tied to the event of the brother's death.

Just a thought. .__. I've been using the episodes as background noise while I do other things and tuning in sporadically, so I might be over-thinking some pieces of information.

My new bet for the dead one is Teshigawara.

-JUNK-   

Good Ep of Another today...

Gave me goosebumps through out the episode. Cant wait until next week.

Wow, just wow. That episode... wow.

It really changed my way of thinking about things. My conceptions have been changed drastically about who the dead one might be.

Also, does it make me a bad person to have thought "Thank goodness that's over" when Takako hung her stupid self? Seriously, she just blew the entire thing into a volatile situation. I am totally enjoying the crazy faces though, well drawn crazy faces are always enjoyable.

We got another episode next week, I don't know if my body can last!

It's naoya isn't it. just rewatched some episodes, I have 3 evidence against him. ooh but I still don't know!

Can't wait until next monday!

*edited because I got the name wrong

Edited by noodlenaut

S1NN3R   

All will be explained next Monday.

In the spirit of another... A hint

Think back to earlier episodes...

Whats different about class 3; What where the criteria of the dead persons; The phone calls

y no swim?

One more episode left. Sad that the adult-Mikuru-lookalike-teacher had to go like that. Had to rewatch the scene where the girl slipped out of window xD..

Edited by Animexcel

has anyone else been bothered that Sakakibara Koichi's name and appearance is suspiciously similar to Maebara Keiichi from Higurashi?

I knew it sounded familiar! Not to mention they look alike as well.

Normandy   

has anyone else been bothered that Sakakibara Koichi's name and appearance is suspiciously similar to Maebara Keiichi from Higurashi?

That's what I thought as soon as he showed up.

After watching episode 11

Am I the only one thinking that Mei is going to commit suicide to end the calamity?

Gabichox   

All will be explained next Monday.

In the spirit of another... A hint

Think back to earlier episodes...

Whats different about class 3; What where the criteria of the dead persons; The phone calls

y no swim?

So because of these clues, I seriously was curious on if my guess was right and asked people to spoil it for me.

They did and my suspicions were confirmed.

This anime.. I don't even. So great.

I can't wait for the next episode though!!

Gabichox   

^ What do you mean?? If you mean by the character's stupidity and the unrealistic circumstances/reactions... and Mei.. Then I agree... :/

But I'm still looking forward to the next episode to see how they reveal everything.

Don't get me wrong. Loved this series. But the 11th episode...*shakes head* everything got real stupid real fast.

I think you have to take an open perspective and think of it from their point of view.

You are in a class cursed that at least one person in it dies every month. It could be you next. Tension is high, morale is low, and you are desperate for a way to survive.

Suddenly someone presents salvation and all you have to do is kill the dead one. A dead one was already named earlier that year, even if it's incorrect. That dead one is unpopular and has no strong ties to anyone in the class really except the transfer student who you believe started the curse when he transferred in.

Someone says, "Kill this person and you and your family will be saved from death."

I kinda think the kids' reaction was predictable but understandable.

Plus those crazy faces.

Love those crazy faces.

^ What do you mean?? If you mean by the character's stupidity and the unrealistic circumstances/reactions... and Mei.. Then I agree... :/

Mei. How retarded. I hate door-mat characters.

Gabichox   

^ Mei is ridiculous. No matter how people try to spin her she is just... ridiculous.

I usually love no emotion female characters but she is :/

There was so many instances she could've stood up for herself. I still don't understand why she didn't tell everyone about her sister.

And what I meant by unrealistic reactions is this.. [i have no clue why I wrote circumstances ;w;]

The sports kid [don't remember names...] bursts through the door and exclaims that he pushed someone off a ledge because he thought they were the dead one. No one reacted. No one even batted an eyelash at it.

There's a fire in a dangerous part of the house and even though they told everyone about the fire, no one does anything. I'd be more worried about a fire spreading throughout the house than one solitary killer.

The fact that the fire was so isolated and waited for the right moment to spread as well. Just... no.

Also the asthma incident. The kid was holding his throat and seemed troubled about it before. I don't know about you but as a person who suffers from asthma, I'm always making sure my inhaler is filled. Especially when I'm going on trips and it seems like it may rain [humidity]. It boggles my mind that he didn't seem to notice.

The way Takako reacted though was perfectly normal given the circumstances, in my humble opinion. When you're panicked like that, you do crazy things. But there needs to be at least someone there to realize and react to that craziness or else it'll just seem unrealistic and stupid.

just editing this to say.. I love this show guys. It's one of the very few creepy anime to actually creep me out. It just is ridiculous sometimes.

Edited by Gabichox

^ Mei is ridiculous. No matter how people try to spin her she is just... ridiculous.

I usually love no emotion female characters but she is :/

There was so many instances she could've stood up for herself. I still don't understand why she didn't tell everyone about her sister.

And what I meant by unrealistic reactions is this.. [i have no clue why I wrote circumstances ;w;]

The sports kid [don't remember names...] bursts through the door and exclaims that he pushed someone off a ledge because he thought they were the dead one. No one reacted. No one even batted an eyelash at it.

There's a fire in a dangerous part of the house and even though they told everyone about the fire, no one does anything. I'd be more worried about a fire spreading throughout the house than one solitary killer.

The fact that the fire was so isolated and waited for the right moment to spread as well. Just... no.

Also the asthma incident. The kid was holding his throat and seemed troubled about it before. I don't know about you but as a person who suffers from asthma, I'm always making sure my inhaler is filled. Especially when I'm going on trips and it seems like it may rain [humidity]. It boggles my mind that he didn't seem to notice.

The way Takako reacted though was perfectly normal given the circumstances, in my humble opinion. When you're panicked like that, you do crazy things. But there needs to be at least someone there to realize and react to that craziness or else it'll just seem unrealistic and stupid.

just editing this to say.. I love this show guys. It's one of the very few creepy anime to actually creep me out. It just is ridiculous sometimes.

This by OMFG so much.

The reactions to the fire just about killed me. Really? There's a fire and you're just going to sit there? "Hm...something seems burnt..." WTF? FAIL.

kahad   

My guess is that either the curse affects their reasoning skills or they consider the curse to be more dangerous than the fire.

My guess is that either the curse affects their reasoning skills or they consider the curse to be more dangerous than the fire.

I kind of think they're just really used to it all by now. also, it was nice to see mei react to something finaly.

I love this show! monday is so close now

S1NN3R   

So because of these clues, I seriously was curious on if my guess was right and asked people to spoil it for me.

They did and my suspicions were confirmed.

This anime.. I don't even. So great.

I can't wait for the next episode though!!

I know, right?!? 1 more day until all the WTF's

I know, right?!? 1 more day until all the WTF's

^ WTF

Ok, I didn't see that coming. Nice twist, but I bet the twist is better built up in the novel than the anime did.

Looking forward to reading the book still even with the anime finished.

I knew Akazawa was going to die since Episode 11 when she succumbed to the madness, doesn't make it any less sad and tragic... also a very painful way to die, ouch.

^ WTF

Ok, I didn't see that coming. Nice twist, but I bet the twist is better built up in the novel than the anime did.

[. . .]

@__@ Didn't see it coming either.

I knew the setting of Reiko's death thanks to episode 1, and I figured out how that dream of Akazawa's could have been real . . . just wasn't focused on the right side of the equation. Metaphorically speaking. .__.

Still enjoyed it though! :thumbup:

Gotta say, I loved Chibiki this episode. All sorts of crap's going down and all of a sudden BAM, Chi-man throws down some order. I knew he could've calmed stuff down if he'd been around in episode 11. Dx Darn you asthma kid, you took him away from his true calling!

S1NN3R   

^ WTF

Looking forward to reading the book still even with the anime finished.

I'd suggest to anyone who enjoyed the anime. It does have a bit more clues as to who's dead, but with the end already in mind, you will probably be able to pick those out better. Seeing the anime and reading the manga in tandem totally blew my mind. Both are/were done really well. Enjoy the read!