Anime Central Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rondo

Playstation Vita

rondo   

It is the next big piece of gaming hardware coming our way, courtesy of Sony. It is the Playstation Vita and it now has an official release date of 02/22/2012.

The pricing:

$299 for the 3G/WiFi

$249 for the WiFi-only

Official Site

Tech Specs:

CPU - ARM® Cortex™- A9 core (4 core)

GPU - SGX543MP4+

External Dimensions - Approx. 182.0 x 18.6 x 83.5mm (width x height x depth)(tentative, excludes largest projection)

Screen (Touch Screen) - 5 inches (16:9), 960 x 544, Approx. 16 million colors, OLED

Multi touch screen (capacitive type)

Rear Touch Pad - Multi touch pad (capacitive type)

Cameras - Front camera, Rear camera

Sound - Built-in stereo speakers, Built-in microphone

Sensors - Six-axis motion sensing system (three-axis gyroscope, three-axis accelerometer), Three-axis electronic compass

Location - Built-in GPS, Wi-Fi location service support

Keys / Switches - PS button, Power button, Directional buttons (Up/Down/Right/Left), Action buttons (Triangle, Circle, Cross, Square), Shoulder buttons (Right/Left),

Right stick, Left stick, START button, SELECT button, Volume buttons(+/-)

Wireless Communications - Mobile network connectivity (3G), IEEE 802.11b/g/n (n = 1x1)(Wi-Fi)(Infrastructure Mode/Ad-hoc mode), Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR (A2DP/AVRCP/HSP)

With all that said, are you getting it?

Edited by rondo

I thought it was in stores already...I'm tripping.

I'm going to get it for P4 the Golden and the fact that its region free.

I don't buy systems at launch. Vita may get quality games beyond P4 Golden, but I'll wait... in case there's shortages or serious flaws.

Lots of negativity lately about portable gane systems. iOS and Android may be dominating the market. It was easy for me to pay $4 for Grand Prix Story, but tough to justify $35 for Solatorobo.

Eh, I'm just starting to explore that market of gaming and I still prefer my handhelds.

I can see where you come from though.

><;;; Honestly, if I could buy it at launch, I would. I'm just spoiled that way. ((Heh))

>$300 for a handheld

>"Playstation Vita"

>essentially "Playstation Life"

Only Sony could be so pretentious. I'll get it when it either drops to $150 for the 3G/WiFi model, $100 for the WiFi-only, or the system gets Zone of the Enders 3 as an exclusive, whichever comes first.

Edited by Sir Viver

Ranko   

Pre-ordering this was my christmas gift from my mother this year... I can't wait for it to come out... I'm actually excited about a few of the launch titles.

I got the oportunity to play with a vita a few weeks ago.... I like the touch screen. But it's a little big and akward. I just feel like mobile gaming that isn't on a phone or a DS is a dying breed.

wrexness   

I was pumped about the Vita, until they announced that the US wasn't going to have a program similar to Japan in which you could re-purchase games you bought for UMD in a digital format. I mean c'mon, did they not see what happened when they didn't offer that capability for the PSP Go?

I kinda want to get it..but then again, I kinda want a price drop before I jump in headfirst.

well it selling very very bad, i think worse then when the 3DS came out, but it really have to depend if sony want a drop so fast.

I can't image people want to pay a good 300+ dollars for a system when most systems are in the 50-200 dollar range right now.

I thought it would have been like 200-250 at the most but when I seen it at Walmart I was a bit shocked. I considered buying it to play P4 the Golden but now I don't know anymore ._.

Plus no COOL SWAG BUNDLES YET. Funny enough, the 3DS has a lot of them in Japan right now ><

I'd only buy the Vita after a price drop and for 2 games... Uncharted Golden Abyss and Persona 4: Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena as of right now

I can't image people want to pay a good 300+ dollars for a system when most systems are in the 50-200 dollar range right now.

I thought it would have been like 200-250 at the most but when I seen it at Walmart I was a bit shocked. I considered buying it to play P4 the Golden but now I don't know anymore ._.

Plus no COOL SWAG BUNDLES YET. Funny enough, the 3DS has a lot of them in Japan right now ><

Well... as awful as the Vita is, at least it's not an Apple product. XD

Well... as awful as the Vita is, at least it's not an Apple product. XD

INB4 Mac user comes in this thread hating or Ipod user.

>Mac users

>knowing how to navigate the internet

Off topic but you know what's hilarious? When I went on the Atlus forums there was a big debate on Macs/PC users that spanned well.....about a good ten pages. I also remember there used to be a lot of flame threads on 4chan back during Windows XP.

It's one of those things that you don't mention on the internet or expect people to create mumbo jumbo about :3

On topic, I'm still under debate about this system. There is a few RPGs coming out but nothing really major that I couldn't buy on the PS3 or the Wii >_< The only thing that has a big advantage is the fact that it's not region lock like the 3DS, which might appeal to people.

Mind you I love Sony's products but I am really hoping they reduce this price soon and quick or people might turn heads.

rondo   

Apple hate?! Oh know you didn't!

Nevertheless, the new iPad I got works pretty well. Better for work than my ASUS Transformer. But I'll never give up my PC.

STVO   

PSVita doesn't entice me yet. The play at home/portable connectivity is very impressive and I love Uncharted and am sure this new one is good, but nothing else has my attention at the price it's at.

People have been complaining at gamestop about it, which is something an employee was telling me about when I went out to pick up Kid Icarus.

Seems one person came in, returned his PSVita because while playing a game, the screen just died. Blacked out.

Some people complain the touch screen sucks.

I'm gonna wait a year now.