Anime Central Forums
Guest OtakuChica

Favorite Anime Couple?

So many to list but here goes.

Yugioh: Malik/Rebecca (Namely from the fact that they both have ties to Egypt and both seem to have not so normal families)

Ghost Hunt: Mai/Naru

The WallFlower: Noi/Takenaga

Black Butler: Ciel/Elizabeth (Love this couple to death, she's the only one that can make him blush)

Gundam00: Setsuna/Feldt

Princess Tutu: Fakir/Tutu

Kaze no Stigma: Kazuma/Ayano

Full Metal Panic: Sosuke/Kaname and Kurtz/Melissa

Last Exile: Alex/Sophia, Claus/Lavi

Ash x Misty--Poke'mon. Loved them together as a kid (I thought even in the 2nd grade she liked him) and will always. and I mean the ORIGINAL Poke'mon. I have no idea if she likes him now, since I stopped watching after Johto Journeys. :3

Well...I will either be loved or ..."highly disliked" for writing this one...

USUK.

So much love :heart:

2l94j60.jpg

To be honest I enjoy this pairing, the problem I have is the fanbase. A lot of the vocal fans hate, hate if I mention I like UK/US, saying that it "makes no sense," or "Are you stupid or something," or "That's not canon at all~" or my favorite "America wouldn't let England top him ever. He's always the seme!" and I end up getting into arguments about how England isn't a totally uke (like how fanfiction makes him, which spread to fandom sadly,) and how America is SO IS (if you think about it in black/white,) due to history/pairings/personality wise. Even then heck, they wouldn't care who would be on top because they would be in a relationship and care about each other. Like the Flower pairing.

It gets really bad if you like this pairing and lets say: England/Japan, Russiamerica, etc. My beta refuses to do anything and will rant my head off that's US/UK or Japan/America or Japan/England so it becomes a problem. Solution? Post on AFF.net.

The fandom of Hetalia sometimes makes me not want to admit my love for not being bias towards pairings. Or write period.

I used to have tons of US/UK stuff before my computer went missing. Actually I've been lazy so if you pm me I could probably upload a crapload of images and doujinshi.

Sorry about the rant.

Edited by The Fujoshi

Sebastian & Ciel.... :wub:

Oh how I love the tension there ;3 but I feel Sebastian is more of a father figure to him, but still I love that awkwardness. ;3

Oh how I love the tension there ;3 but I feel Sebastian is more of a father figure to him, but still I love that awkwardness. ;3

I am on the fence as to what their relationship actually is, but I want so badly to ignore any doubt. They have a dark relationship that is irresistable, whatever it may be classified as.

I am on the fence as to what their relationship actually is, but I want so badly to ignore any doubt. They have a dark relationship that is irresistable, whatever it may be classified as.

yeah, it's hard to tell. I mean you could psychoanalyze it in so many ways, and see so many times when the relationship you think you are seeing is true. I think that's cool though as it allows you to determine what Ciel and Sebastian's relationship is. Let's us viewers be in the drivers seat :3

Persona: Minato x Aigis. Kanji x Naoto. Yukiko x Chie and Yosuke x Souji

Rurouni Kenshin: Kenshin x Kaoru.

Outlaw Star: Gene x Melfina

FMA: Roy x Riza

Soul Eater: Soul x Maka

Just some of my favorites. Mostly from older series, but I find those are some of my favorite romances.

Shaherah   

Definitely

Kilik and Xianghua from Soul Caliber (might not qualify as anime, but i love them regardless)

Andy Bogard and Mai Shiranui from K.O.F

Hideki and and Chii of Chobits. It was very sweet to have them finally come together at the end of the series. I wish there was a second season so I can see how the two of them develop in their relationship.

Seconded. ^_^

27475e184331103.jpg

vika838   

Please don't kill me for saying this... but in Trigun I looooove the fact how Meryl Stryfe has a crush on Vash. I love it so much. I don't think that Vash feels anything for her as much, but just the tension is adorable to me between them. ^_^

I totally agree...although I can't help thinking it takes 2nd place to the bromance going on between Vash and Wolfwood :o

Kii   

I totally agree...although I can't help thinking it takes 2nd place to the bromance going on between Vash and Wolfwood :o

thumbup.gif

Some new favorites of mine are:

Shinobu x Hagu from Honey and Clover

Rika x Ootani from Lovely Complex

And it isn't cannon, but Sanji x Nami from One Piece.

0.gif

Persona: Minato x Aigis. Kanji x Naoto. Yukiko x Chie and Yosuke x Souji

Rurouni Kenshin: Kenshin x Kaoru.

Outlaw Star: Gene x Melfina

FMA: Roy x Riza

Soul Eater: Soul x Maka

Just some of my favorites. Mostly from older series, but I find those are some of my favorite romances.

BROMANCE Yosuke/Souji

New couple pairing: Express shipping, Touko/Submas

tumblr_luodstaahV1r2ao2xo1_500.png

Gleefulshipping and Foodcritic shipping (Cilan/Dento+Submas)

tumblr_luycpqYykr1qmeg6ao1_500.jpg

Old pairing: Minako/Femc/Theo

Ashori   

Most of my favorite pairings tend to be crack pairings, but if I have to go with canon pairings, my favorite will definitely be Maya Kitajima and Masumi Hayami from Glass Mask. I mean, it's obvious from pretty much the beginning of the series those two were meant to be, despite the arguments and initial hatred from Maya's end.

YES! That bromance definitely is awesome--I would say one of the best portrayals of bromance in anime. I mean their chemistry they have is just super stunning. :D XD!

^Yes! Especially Kenshin. XD

I love the bromance between Batou and Togusa from Ghost in the Shell. Especially in GITS 2: Innocence and Stand Alone Complex. It's so awesome. :3 And I love it when Batou (in Innocence is like "Heh, I think we work well together!" I'm like UBER LOVE. <3)

Edited by GITS SAC Motoko

SmilesI   

personally, not to be cliche or overly old school, I think my favorite Anime couple is Serena and Darien from Sailor Moon :heart:

personally, not to be cliche or overly old school, I think my favorite Anime couple is Serena and Darien from Sailor Moon :heart:

WINNING!

I think I already posted my favorite couple but I don't think I explained why.

Yukino Miyazawa and Souchiro Arima from Kare Kano: His and Her circumstances

The reason I adore this couple is because I see many aspects of my own relationship with my boyfriend in it. Arima has a lot of family turmoil that he deals with and feels alone and alienated by the rest of his family except his Uncle and Aunt who adopted him. buT Through it all he finds peace with Yukino because she is so carefree and is optimistic and he can be himself around her and she can be her self around him, Yukino can be a pretty BIG goof ball and have derpy moments . My Boyfriend is the same with extreme family trouble and feeling alienated by them but h he finds peace when he's with me , even though it's lingering on his mind he tries tries to have fun and I'm really goofy and a very optimistic person and I act like a child and I'm kind spoiled to As is Yukino.

From Video games

The FemMC/Minako Arisato x Akihiko Sanada from Persona 3

amd FemMC/Minako Arisato X Shinjiro Aragaki from Persona 3

FemMC/Minako Arisato x Akihiko Sanada: In the persona 3 game you can go the lover route with people and I find the romance between Akihiko and Minako to be quite Sweet. Akihiko is the object of every girls affection in the school, he's cool , a boxer, a senior and attractive but He only has eyes for the Leader of his monster fighting team. He doesn't realize his feelings right away at first. He initially sees his passed away younger sister in her and values her friendship and wants to Protect Minako from harm but he realizes that he can get over his sister death and he has learned to be stronger and remember his sister better because of Minako and only with Minako can he share his true feelings and act naturally around. He wants to protect everything precious to him including here so he finally confesses his love to Minako and he is awkward and shy about it because he has never really dealt with girls in this way. He is very loving and protective of Minako and vows to love her forever. But the romance is heart wrenching because of what happens at the end of the game.

FemMC/Minako Arisato X Shinjiro Aragaki

Shinjiro Aragaki always viewed himself as someone who wasn't a good person and he held onto his past sins and never wanted to get too close to anyone except for Akihiko Sanada who is his old and best friend. He became Close with Minako with her being the leader of the team and going out with her for dinner and he would cook for the team and be slightly embarrassed because they all liked it. He enjoyed spending time with minako because he could be at peace with her and just live normally. He loved talking with her and hearing about the things she did at school . He dropped out but he would be a senior if he was still attending school. He trusts Minako to take care of Akihiko for him and to look after the rest of the team , but he found himself thinking about her all the time and even though he thinks he's a bad person because of what he did in the past Minako's confession of love to him made him push away. Despite him insisting she not be with him she still pushed and he finally admitted his feelings and fell in love.

[*SPOILER*]Their romance because even more heartbreaking because of the events that happen to Shinjiro which put him in the hospital and he cannot spend much time with Minako like Akihiko can before the tragic events of the end of the game . [/spoiler]

Edited by BreBre716

Guest OtakuChica*   
Guest OtakuChica

My favorite is Black Star and Tsubaki. I love seeing those two together^^

I love them as well! I'm a bigger fan of them more than Soul and Maka. Both of the pairings are nice, but I like how completely opposite Black Star and Tsubaki are, yet they have such a strong relationship. Maka and Soul tend to get on each others' nerves a lot, but they have a lot of sweet scenes together.

From Video games

The FemMC/Minako Arisato x Akihiko Sanada from Persona 3

amd FemMC/Minako Arisato X Shinjiro Aragaki from Persona 3

God I love both of these pairings but I hate when people say I have to decide between these two! I also like Theo/FeMC and that doesn't get any love at all!

Also Elizabeth/MC.

Starting to get into this pairing even though I haven't read the manga:

tumblr_lvqyjzlCql1qe4bmno1_500.png

Edited by The Fujoshi