Anime Central Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Malkozaine

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

I had the Augmented Edition preordered for weeks. Invisible War was one of my favorite Xbox games so I'm pretty excited about this. Along with Project Snowblind, it was one of the first smart man shooters. Running and gunning was only one option on how to play.

I've had the Augmented Edition reserved since December of last year. I tried played the original game a few months back, but it doesn't seem to have aged well. Still, I love cyberpunk and I've had my eye on this for WAY too long. Early reviews have been glowing and I can't wait to see what I'll be able to do

Played for several hours today and it was great. Definitely love the game and am already looking forward to playing through the game again doing everything I didn't do the first time. Kind of wish Jensen's voice/character was a bit more dynamic though. He's cool but just... monotone.

Just beat it today. Definitely a worthy successor to the DE name and I can't wait to see what Eidos Montreal does with DLC or a sequel. Some flaws that need to be addressed are the loading times and the unimpressive boss fights; a pet peeve of mine is that you can't recharge all five units of energy should you deplete all of them. Also, this game obviously gears heavily towards stealth and hacking. I remember there were two times I practically trolled the AI by finding ways out of obvious situations that were supposed to be massive, epic fights.

Edited by Aiddon Valentin

Played for several hours today and it was great. Definitely love the game and am already looking forward to playing through the game again doing everything I didn't do the first time. Kind of wish Jensen's voice/character was a bit more dynamic though. He's cool but just... monotone.

I NEVER ASKED FOR THIS.

Edited by Sir Viver

I remember there were two times I practically trolled the AI by finding ways out of obvious situations that were supposed to be massive, epic fights.

Haha, I think there are definitely more than two instances in the game. One of my favorite moments like that was waiting for this slow moving elevator to return to the lobby. They built up the situation by saying the area will be flooded with soldiers and that you'll have to wait for this elevator to arrive. All I did was block the two entrances with vending machines and boxes and not only could no one get through, they couldn't even see into the room!

I wonder how much harder the next playthrough will be when I'm shooting everyone I see.

I just finished this game and I have to say it was amazing. I never played any of the previous Deus Ex games, but this game was just...wow.

I wonder when the DLC will be available. I know it's supposed to be available in October, but no one really mentioned an actual date.

Anyone else get a little freaked out in the beginning of the Arctic level? >.>;;;