Anime Central Forums
STVO

WWE/UFC/MMA/Boxing Fans?

STVO   

Via @CMPunk on Twitter.

http://twitter.com/#!/CMPunk/status/151521860268474368/photo/1

Extreme Rules coming to Chicago the Sunday evening of ACen.

Perhaps we can convince the Second City Saint to come join us for the fun that weekend?

I was at Raw on Monday, it was very cool! I would love for the "Cult of Personality" to come by ACen as well as the rest of the WWE roster (well John Laurinaitis can stay home.) BTW, I figured I should promote this here:

https://www.facebook.com/events/133023533479984/

^ In honor of Extreme Rules being in Rosemont the same Sunday as Anime Central, I'm trying to get as many people from ACen as possible to also attend the WWE Extreme Rules PPV. I have a few people who want to do it and there are others considering it, I'm recommending everyone goes to the event in cosplay (I know I will, just debating which cosplay I will use.) I'm thinking of trying to get a group of people to come out together on February 2nd (when the Extreme Rules tickets are open to the public) and buy the tickets either at the All-State Arena or a Ticketmaster location that works best for all of us. Any of you interested, read more on the Facebook Event Page and contact me on there (I'm the host) or on here via PM.

>>Don't forget the UFC is on Friday this week due to New Years.<<

That's right, the return of Brock Lesnar, former WWE Superstar/current UFC bad-@$$! I'm trying to save money (going to be an epic year) but I might swing by BWW after work and watch the match.

Man, I would love to go and I'm still really thinking about it, but I'm already burning enough vacation and money for ACen alone lol. But I'm sure my decision will be helped along later down the road.

STVO   

Wow Lesnar didn't last long in that match tonight. Hmm... Announces retirement... Strikes a deal with WWE to do a merchandising deal.... Appeared in WWE '12 the video game...... WWE Return? ...... Please?!?

Edited by STVO

Isamu   

Wow Lesnar didn't last long in that match tonight. Hmm... Announces retirement... Strikes a deal with WWE to do a merchandising deal.... Appeared in WWE '12 the video game...... WWE Return? ...... Please?!?

Won't happen due to him retiring under contract with the UFC.

STVO   

I dunno, I still cant wrap my head around that gimmick.

Although what they're doing with Chris Jericho is amazing. Not sure where they want to go with it in the end though.

I think it's hilarious. If they brought Brodus Clay back as a destructive monster, it would be boring because we already have Mark Henry and Kane in those roles. He would fade out in no time. At least with this character, he can stand out and has actually provided me and many others with good laughs.

As for Jericho, I really like what he did on Monday. Haha.

I think it's hilarious. If they brought Brodus Clay back as a destructive monster, it would be boring because we already have Mark Henry and Kane in those roles. He would fade out in no time. At least with this character, he can stand out and has actually provided me and many others with good laughs.

As for Jericho, I really like what he did on Monday. Haha.

I agree with my boy STVO on this one. If indeed Brodus had been just another brute, he would have been stale by next week. As it stands, he's unique, comical, and seems to be genuinely enjoying himself. Plus, he's getting pops from the crowds, from what I've seen.

STVO   

I wonder if there will be some surprise entrants in the Royal Rumble like last year with Booker T. and "Diesel".

Right now I'm going to predict Road Dogg Jessie James as he is now an agent within WWE and most recently appeared at the WWE Slammy Awards and perhaps an appearance by X-Pac as he seems to be on good terms with WWE at this moment. Don't look for one from Chyna though, she was slamming Vince McMahon, HHH, and X-Pac on her Twitter yesterday, lol. I'm thinking Mick Foley will get a slot in the Royal Rumble this year and later have a feud with Mr. John Laryngitis for the position of Raw GM. I'm somewhat torn on them returning to 30 men instead of 40. When you had 40, the majority of the roster and the two awesome surprises of Booker T and Diesel were there, but then it also wasted spots to people like Hornswoggle.

One other thing I'd like to mention is how disappointing it is for Evan Bourne to receive a 2nd Wellness Policy Violation just after he received one in November. It really sucks as I enjoyed Air Boom and thought they added a small spark that the tag-team division could have really used. I kind of like the team of Epico and Primo (and their hot manager Rosa Mendes) but in all honesty, unless we see WWE put them on TV more, I could almost see the tag-team division going back to where it was two years ago. I mean having the titles change at a house show isn't a good sign. As for Evan Bourne, I don't see him making it past May in WWE. Honestly, I'm thinking he should be looking into a return to ROH or TNA.

bewd7879   

Mr. Brother Matt Cage for TNA! :D

I actually saw Matt Sydal's (Evan Bourne) last match in ROH, and it would suck if he's gone from WWE, but it sure seems that way :/ He was good in the MTV Wrestling Society X show too

STVO   

UFC on Fox 2 was okay. First match stunk the other 2 were pretty decent, definitely forgettable though. I'll admit though, I wish I was at the United Center. I was tempted to go to Tilted Kilt for a raffle to get tickets, but I would have had to sit through a concert, the weather was bad, and I had work in the morning so I skipped.

Royal Rumble was good for most part. One big complaint I had was the short length of the steel cage match, it deserved way more time then it got. Then we get two way too long segments for The Rock and John Cena. Yes they need to hype Wrestlemania 28, but this is PPV time and money, save this for Raw and Smackdown! Also Sheamus winning The Rumble surprised me, but it works for me.

STVO   

BTW, http://www.wwe.com/nil/blastareas <- all the places that play WWE PPVs. I can confirm Chicago City Limits and Fox & Hound (was there yesterday) play them, but I'd recommend calling the locations that are on the list before you go. In the past they had one place near me listed but when I called, they said they didn't. As far as my next PPV goes, it will be Wrestlemania 28. I'm skipping on Elimination Chamber for a friend's birthday. I will also be attending WWE Extreme Rules in Rosemont on ACen weekend. So for those interested in that, click the link in my sig. Tickets go on sale this Friday, hoping to buy some very soon.

UFC on Fox 2 was okay. First match stunk the other 2 were pretty decent, definitely forgettable though. I'll admit though, I wish I was at the United Center. I was tempted to go to Tilted Kilt for a raffle to get tickets, but I would have had to sit through a concert, the weather was bad, and I had work in the morning so I skipped.

Royal Rumble was good for most part. One big complaint I had was the short length of the steel cage match, it deserved way more time then it got. Then we get two way too long segments for The Rock and John Cena. Yes they need to hype Wrestlemania 28, but this is PPV time and money, save this for Raw and Smackdown! Also Sheamus winning The Rumble surprised me, but it works for me.

mark henery was working hurt, so that kind of why the cage match lasted as long as it did i think. i do like shamus winning the rumble since i want him to go after d-bryan.

Cobra vs. Mr. Socko = priceless

i like ADR announcer comming into the ring in a POS car, and the 2 throwbacks of hacksaw and road dog.

Y2J not winning make sence since i rather see him take on undertaker, he won't win a belt at all, and shamus can feud with D-bry.

STVO   

Last night's Raw was freakin' awesome! Daniel Bryan vs. CM Punk and the return of the Undertaker made it one amazing show!!! I really wish it wasn't going to be Undertaker vs. HHH for a third time, but what can you do? Either way, I'm really looking forward to Wrestlemania 28, should be a good event and I'm sure the Elimination Chamber will be a good PPV.

I'm going to shill this event one last time for the the ACen Forum Members who are also members of the WWE Universe: https://www.facebook.com/events/133023533479984/ <-My ACen Extreme Rules Event Page. Either this weekend or early next week I'm hoping to get a bunch of people to either go to a Wal-Mart location that works best for us all or the All-State Arena and buy tickets so we can at least be in the same row. If you want to join, RSVP. Worst case scenario I see is one group buys tickets early the rest can look at the page to see what row we'll be in and they can try to buy tickets near us or at least stand in line to hype the show up with the rest of us.

Isamu   

UFC 143 was rather boring except for the main event. Carlos fought five good rounds and everyone learned Nick is not much more than a cry baby.

Guest SongstressLenne*   
Guest SongstressLenne

Heading to Extreme Rules. 4th row ringside on the ramp tv side, seats 3 and 4. Call me dedicated or insane, your choice. I went to Raw on the 26th and both signs I had made TV and I also got a high five from Punk.

I hope Miz get more than yelled at for botching the catch for R-Truth. That could have been a career ending spot for Truth.

Also, if you can go to AAW! Great promotion if you love indy curcuits and are the burb area of Chicago.

STVO   

Raw was awful on Monday minus CM Punk/Jericho promo. I really prefer they do something different than Undertaker vs. HHH 3, but if that's what they're doing, so be it. It will be a good match (and the promos already have been good) but I think they should let someone new have the opportunity or even have someone like Randy Orton take him on.