Anime Central Forums
GITS SAC Motoko

ACEN Cosplay Fitness thread!

Fantasia   

I slimmed down on my waist and stuff so pants don't fit me so tightly anymore. What I DO need to lose still, though, is belly flab. Because I am gonna be doing a cosplay that exposes my torso and stomach and I want to look good!

Twifairy   

Anyone know any good ways to stay motivated and constant in exercise? I'm not really trying to lose weight, and I have the muscle I want except the fact that I want a flatter stomach, so I'm just trying to do ab exercises, but I never do them consistently, I'll always just go "Eh I'll do it", then I don't...

Only recently have I decided to try and pick up some form of exercise, since going to the gym my school has is a no go. When you're not at all fit and can't keep up, it's not the funnest experience to be among all those athletes doing their own thing.

So instead lately I've been doing two different things: the first are some workouts you find on the internet. Usually I'm not fond of them, but I found two in particular I like. If you're into anime, there's sets of anime workouts that you can see here. (Bonus points, put on the soundtrack for said anime while you're doing it) The other one I really like is a Fall Out Boy work out, and I like this one because it's music based and easier to get into (for me).

If I'm not doing either of those, trying to learn K-Pop dances usually is a good workout, or just dancing around for fun is a good way to get moving. 0u0

rondo   

Anyone know any good ways to stay motivated and constant in exercise? I'm not really trying to lose weight, and I have the muscle I want except the fact that I want a flatter stomach, so I'm just trying to do ab exercises, but I never do them consistently, I'll always just go "Eh I'll do it", then I don't...

Find someone else to do them with.

Twifairy   

Find someone else to do them with.

Mt friends' reactions exercising are always somewhat negative...

Somehow that doesn't sound like it'll work

Anyone know any good ways to stay motivated and constant in exercise?

The best motivation comes from within. You have to want it to make it happen. Remember why you want to make a change. If it's truly important to you, you'll find a way to stay on track.

rondo   

I get along with like minded individuals where I exercise. I haven't excised with any of my friends in eons (or they do their own thing). At this point in my life and as long as I have been exercising, I'm a self motivator at this point. It hasn't been easy many times though.

Edited by rondo

This topic is awesome! I have found some very useful information here and love all the workout ideas. I started trying to loose weight with my mom and sister back at the end of January/beginning of February of this year. I had a rough semester of student teaching and gained a lot of weight because of it (173 lbs). That, with the tightening of my recent cosplays, was a wake up call. So far I have lost 10 or 11 lbs (my mom keeps better track of it for me). It's definitely a battle and I have had bad weeks but I use the weight watchers points system and it has been eye opening on how much I actually eat. Sadly, I have hit a rough patch where I need to start doing active exercise, so this topic is a huge help. For the ppl looking for advice setting a goal date and weight is always helpful and Zumba and K-Pop dances are really helpful for exercises. Reasons for loosing the weight besides just to be healthy is motivational for me. Looking better in my cosplay and fitting better in my bridesmaid dress in an upcoming wedding have helped.

Overall Goal Date: Anime-ZING mid July/Wedding early October

Overall Goal Weight: 140 lbs

Weekly Goal Weight: lose 1 lb

Edited by edsgal1013

I found something people might be interested in :) There are "7 minute fit" apps on both android and apple phones. It's literally just that, 7 minutes of little exercises that don't do too much by themselves, but it's better than doing nothing. Most of us are too busy for long exercises, but should be able to squeeze 7 minutes into our day somewhere. They also have one just for abs, which I started using yesterday :)